Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanic activation battery board b27 chip research

Hi everyone,
    I dont know if it's the right section to post this request.
    I have got a mechanic b27 battery board activation, but unfortunally i have burned a chip and i can't find it, under the chip i see this Y27D51A but i can't find nothing online, someone can help me?
    I post the img of board and the chip
    Thanks to everyone
    Attached Files

Re: Mechanic activation battery board b27 chip research

That's a µC or a more specific Programmable battery management IC (e.g.: bq8030DBT from TI).
    It's responsible for communicating with the battery connected (most likely SMBus protocol), identifying it and set the correct voltage and current for charging.
    More difficult than finding the IC would be getting the firmware (chances of leak to the internet are close to null).

Comment

Re: Mechanic activation battery board b27 chip research

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
      That's a µC or a more specific Programmable battery management IC (e.g.: bq8030DBT from TI).
      It's responsible for communicating with the battery connected (most likely SMBus protocol), identifying it and set the correct voltage and current for charging.
      More difficult than finding the IC would be getting the firmware (chances of leak to the internet are close to null).

Hi mate, thanks for your answer
      I don't know but maybe I can read the chip with xgecu t48 programmer and if it's a compatible chip i can extract the firmware from it and rewrite on another one chip.
      The board is not too expensive I have just bought another one for 15 dollar but for me it also is a way to learn more and make experience on different things.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X