This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the community and looking for some help repairing my Toshiba Plasma Tv.

Comment

Hello Badcaps forums! I am an electro-mechanical Engineer specializing in high energy physics, but love to muck about with computers, and have had PLENTY of bad caps
      My blog, for those interested in physics, engineering, and teardowns http://www.spectrhz.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi, I'm Mike!

I've been a computer technician for 15 years, and I like to tinker with hardware as part of that. All self-taught, so sites like this are nice to ask questions about things that I don't understand. Currently trying to figure out a Vizio TV, and I found the thread here with a lot of troubleshooting tips.

Comment

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the community and looking for some help repairing my Panasonic Plasma Tv.

Comment

Hey all. I'm here looking for some assistance identifying the problem component on a power board. I'm a software engineer by trade but dable in electrical repair from time to time. I've got 4 of these samsung 204t's that I've been using since 2005. After paying full price for the first I found the others used and broken and replaced the bad caps to bring them back to life.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hey everyone my name is Ivan, i'm from Ontario, Canada.
                I have been intrigued since childhood ripping apart radio's and ma's blow dryer's etc... i started with 386 in 1985 and i remember and i still do want to solve a hardware, software cell phone etc... i have just learned to desolder and solder, i haven't done many things i read about.
                i hope to learn more from my peers..
                peace out....

Comment

newb here been messing with tvs for about a year. im from alpine texas out in the middle of no where. sorry my keyboard doesnt work too well on my smoke break computer i keep outside and i cant capitalize or use certain punctiation lol

Comment

Hello forum. Looking for help with my RCA Lcd. Thanks.

Comment

Okay, can't post just yet so figured I'd ask here:

Feb. 2010 RCA 47LA55RS Lcd tv. Last year one thin horizontal black line appeared near top right corner of screen and went 3/4's the way across screen. During this time a "pop" sound would take place and the tv would turn off. I'd simply pull the plug and wait a few minutes, plug tv back in and I'd have picture and sound again, black line still there.

A few days ago the picture went out completely but still had great sound. I researched youtube, google and this site and found the most reasonable assessment to be a master and/or slave inverter (which I've found both at the same price of $51.99 at shopjimmy's.com for my tv) but my two questions are which is the master and which is the slave inverter and can the tv show lines, now both vertical and horizontal once plugged back in and turned on, and it be the inverter(s) or would a or the bad inverter(s) show no image, not even just lines?

Thanks to all whom may assist me with this in advance.

from back with panel off: inverter on left 6632L-0581A
                      inverter on right 6632L-0582A
                      which is which of those? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Good Members,

I thankful to find this forum while searching solutions for my repairs . I want to share and to learn regards component level repairs. Anyway I'm computer service technician with minimal knowledge in electronic repairs since 2008 not veteran like others here , CCNA Associate and I have few knowledge in making website. My age is 20 something . Have fun here
                        Last edited by Micko; 02-06-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Hello
                          I'm a 2nd generation tv repairman. They still had tubes in them when I started(does that make me old???). We are an authorized service center for LG, but also work on all brands.Thats where this forum may help. Looking for tips and giving tips on all brands.
                          Thanks

Comment

Hello from Eastern Canada.

Comment

Saying "Hi" so I can make a thread. :p

Comment

Hi Badcaps,

My name is Greg from Belleville, MI. I just became interested in learning about electronics, but am an old guy compared to a lot of you. It seems really interesting so far. I'm getting my education from online tutorials like Elec 110 and anything else I can find. Goal is to fix stuff of course. This appears to be the best forum of it's kind. You won't hear much from me as I don't know much, but I'll be lurking around in the old posts. Thanks to all you knowledgeable people who freely post your wisdom.

Comment

Hi

Had a lot of help reading through different threads, but now it's time for me to make my own.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Comment

Hi my names Eugene I found this forum by searching for guides on how to rip open my Panasonic viera. I got it for free and it's got a red screen spray symptom. I've read elsewhere that this is common and not too big of a deal. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Hi everyone,

my name is Christian and I´m from Hamburg / Germany.
                                      I have been in electronics and computers since 1978.
                                      I keep a shop for remote controlled cars and I can tell you, that the RC-Industry is producing a lot of faulty electronic devices ....
                                      My new hobby is refurbishing EEEPCs ;-)

Comment

Hi, Im new here, as if you can't tell by this post. Anyways, I am a computer tech for a local company in Central Florida. I play around with broken TV's and other electronics when I am looking for a projects, and many of those have Bad Caps, or lots of other electrical issues. So I will be lurking a great deal, but will hopefully start a few forums that may help some one else.

Comment

Hi Guys my name is Rui and I'm from Portugal. A have a Shuttle XPC Prima SP35P2 and recently had some issues with my motherboard (I Think).
                                          Sometimes it doesn't start up and when it does it says "CMOS checksum error default loaded, press F1 to continue".
                                          I already replace the battery, and tested with another Power supply, but the result is the same. If I remove the PSU cable a few days, than it startup.
                                          So I'm here to get some help from you guys.
                                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X