No announcement yet.

hdd drive with pictures and files how to connect an transfer to other computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hdd drive with pictures and files how to connect an transfer to other computer

Hi good people,my son brought me a computer with an old version of Linux 1604 that when goes through booting process it stuck on terminal ,[SDB] Asking for cache failed ,some times after a lot of rebooting and repairing in the recovery it goes to desktop, it takes a few tries to boot to desktop , it wont update and can't transfer files to usb or cdR can't connect to internet,it just wont do normal functions,i want to transfer pictures from this HDD to a USB or CD how can i go about to connect this hard drive to a working computer and collet these pics,or try to fix this ops.thanks

Re: hdd drive with pictures and files how to connect an transfer to other computer

Just connect it as a second drive in the working computor, It will show up as a second hard drive and you can copy the pictures. Or use a live cd (bootable copy of linux) and boot from the cd, the hard drive content should be accessible
    Last edited by R_J; 02-25-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Re: hdd drive with pictures and files how to connect an transfer to other computer

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Just connect it as a second drive in the working computor, It will show up as a second hard drive and you can copy the pictures. Or use a live cd (bootable copy of linux) and boot from the cd, the hard drive content should be accessible
      Thanks I'll try.

Comment

Thanks ,i forgot completely that i have a sata HDD caddy that i use to clone OPS and use the DVD drive slot,i think i can use it for this,
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ivtec; 02-25-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X