Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40L7355D

Hi, im hoping someone can help me.
    When first plugged into the mains (220v) the Tv powers onto the "TOSHIBA" logo screen for approx 5 seconds, the tosh logo disappears ready to transition to the on screen menu but nothing & stays blank.
    No onboard controls or remote control work & no sound. The Back light is still illuminated but that's the extent of it.
    If i pwr cycle the TV again from the mains, i get the exact same fault occur every time.

I have pulled the main board to check the the voltages to the AvBoard, however im not sure which 2 pins to short to pwr the main board.
    Im happy to simply replace the entire board, but im unsure which, as it could be either the AVboard or PSU imo

Any help at all will be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 40L7355D

Test connector from mainboard to powerboard on powerboard side with all boards hooked up, test with tv plugged in but off then hit power, report both conditions here, give pin number, pin description/name and condition on and off.

Comment

Your backlights are on. Sounds like a firmware issue to me.

Comment

Pull the mains cable out or switch off at mains plug.

Press and hold the power button on the TV for 30-60 seconds to discharge.

Plug power cord back in and try it.

Comment

Update>
          None of the above worked. Possibly F/W fault, but no way of updating it in its current condition.

Comment

Final update>

TV WORKING !
            @diif, you were correct in diagnosing it was a f/w fault.
            I couldn't find the firmware online so emailed Toshiba who sent me the correct file., however when updating the TV it would always fail at 64%.
            The official F/w consists of 3 files> 1 update, 1 bin file (firmware) & one Eboot file.
            To get around the 64% fail simply remove the eboot file leaving the ".bin" and "update" files. The TV will update as it should and voila, job done.
            Hope this helps someone.
            Last edited by josweet; 07-19-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Nice work, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Hello!
                Could you share the software for this model?

Comment

Hello dear colleagues
                  I also need software for this TV
                  Device model: 40l7355d

The defect is how it manifests itself: the TV starts itself and has only a blue wallpaper and does not take any command from the remote control or the buttons on the cover

Banuies soft damaged

can a colleague help me with software?

Other useful specifications:

source - b191-203 d11

main - 32l4300 rev 1.2

panel - 96.40s03.001

Comment

Originally posted by josweet View Post
                    Final update>

TV WORKING !
                    @diif, you were correct in diagnosing it was a f/w fault.
                    I couldn't find the firmware online so emailed Toshiba who sent me the correct file., however when updating the TV it would always fail at 64%.
                    The official F/w consists of 3 files> 1 update, 1 bin file (firmware) & one Eboot file.
                    To get around the 64% fail simply remove the eboot file leaving the ".bin" and "update" files. The TV will update as it should and voila, job done.
                    Hope this helps someone.
                    Well done Josweet, curious as to how you figured out that you had to remove the eboot file to make it work?

Comment

I need a dump too

Comment

@constantinvoicu216
                        I got the F/w from Toshiba via email as i it wasn't available online to download.
                        They will reply with full instructions and a temporary (valid for only 7 days) download link of the firmware.

Important

When you email them , save yourself some time & include a photo of the entire rating label on the rear of the TV, as they will request it if not included.
                        Email address is.. Toshiba_TV_Support@toshiba-teg.com

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          Well done Josweet, curious as to how you figured out that you had to remove the eboot file to make it work?
                          I would like to take the credit for it, but it was suggested by someone else online who had a similar experience with a different TV.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

@constantinvoicu216
                              I got the F/w from Toshiba via email as i it wasn't available online to download.
                              They will reply with full instructions and a temporary (valid for only 7 days) download link of the firmware.

Important

When you email them , save yourself some time & include a photo of the entire rating label on the rear of the TV, as they will request it if not included.
                              K
                              I understand the procedure
                              thanks

Comment

@constantinvoicu216

Important

3 cheers for Toshiba, one of the VERY few that will send out the firmware, I have tried with samsung and sony, but no dice, their pat answer is if it isn't listed they don't have it, if i recall one of them said they only go back 3 years, that's not good if your tv cost over 3k, WORSE policy ever.

Comment

promised TOSHIBA
                                  they sent software by emai

Comment

3 cheers is an expression, it means I like Toshiba for doing the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                    X