Repurposing an IPAD Air 2 any ideas feedback wanted not wanting to recycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repurposing an IPAD Air 2 any ideas feedback wanted not wanting to recycle

Is anyone on this forum that has repurposed an iPad Air 2 or any version of an iPad

If so can you please go into some details of what you did and what application you used if any

I have googled this topic and have got some ideas but I looking for more ideas

One idea have is to use it as multimeter data logger which I already have the meter for this purpose
    Another I use as a music listening device for music that has been purchased

Or doing both idea

Thanks
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-27-2020, 11:35 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Repurposing an IPAD Air 2 any ideas feedback wanted not wanting to recycle

root it and you can install a terminal on it for serial logging.
    and install gridrunner on it too.

Comment

For some time, notebooks/tablets/all-in-one PCs have used LCD panels with an Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) interface which typically has a standardized pinout except for manufacturer use pins which are typically left unconnected in normal use - for this model of tablet, the display resolution is quite good for the viewable area; a compatible display controller is available to repurpose the panel.

One final word: the right to repair should also extend to the right to repurpose.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I did find a purpose for this iPad but I play hell do it

The first problem was it was my son’s iPad and he had forgot the password but for some strange reason I happened to remember what it was but because it had not been used in several years the iCloud connection was locked and could not be reset correctly anymore

So I send Apple support a reset request ( use this option when nothing else works this is a pain in the a** to do )

You have to wait 7 days for Apple support to make sure that it is you the owner of the iPad and then they set it up so that you can reset the iCloud password

I finally was able to get the iPad back to do a factory reset and setup the iPad for a new purpose

What I have done is turn into a Fluke data logger and a Own meter data logger

This is only thing that is on besides the the application that comes with the iPad to begin with
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
        X