Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA

I picked this discarded tv from a neighbor. They said it powered up but nothing on the screen. LEDs would come on but no startup chime. I replaced the TCON, and then when I plugged in, the red light would blink, but LEDs would stay off. I unplugged the main board from the power supply then plugged back in. Leds came on and stayed on. Then I replaced the main board. Now, I'm stuck in a boot loop where the startup chime sounds, but the leds never come on. Tv has been in my garage sitting, and we've had a few cold nights around freezing. I've also tried warming up all the boards with a heat gun with same results. The voltage between the main board and power supply was around 5.5 when it would cycle, at both the power supply and the mains board at the connector cable. I can't see any bad caps (no swelling or visible leaking). Any ideas??? Much appreciated!

Re: Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA

My curiosity, how much costs a 60 inch Samsung led tv in the USA?

replace the original board and tcon and unplug one at a time the output flat of the tcon, see if you can see half a good picture..

Comment

I put the original tcon board back in. Tv boots up, leds on, no boot loop, but can’t see anything on the screen. I noticed that the board on the bottom of the tv with a ribbon cable from the tcon (left side) is loose.

Comment

loose are the screws? have you got channels audio?

Comment

I tried disconnecting the cables to the led driver one at a time. No change. So I put the original boards back in. I had no sound on startup. So I replaced the main board with the new one, kept the original tcon board in. Now I have sound, leds still come on, but no picture. When I disconnect the lvds to the tcon, there are no changes with either the old board or new. I’m wondering if I have a short in my lvds cable???

Comment

what it means disconnecting cable to the led driver?? have you disconnected outputs of the tcon one at a time?

Comment

Yes, no change at all. The tv acts the same with either tcon board in, and the same when the tcon is disconnected from the main board. That’s why I’m wondering if I have a bad lvds cable.

Comment

Nooo... watch the tcon, it has a cable in input coming from the mainboard, leave it alone, the tcon has also 2 output cables, detach them one at a time.. which are your experiences in electronics repair?
                Last edited by Davi.p; 12-04-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I already disconnected them one at a time. No change. I found a trouble shooting guide for this tv, and it pointed to the lvds cable as well. I tested the fuse on the tcon, and got no voltage. The trouble shooting guide pointed to either the main board as the problem or the lvds cable. I just replaced the main board with a new one, so I’m replacing the lvds cable. I’m an aircraft mechanic, and have some electrical training and experience.

Comment

don't waste time and money buying a cable, check if there is voltage on the mainboard before the cable, if you watch its pins, at a side there are 4 or 5 pins connected together, those are the +12v, put the meter red on them and the black on a ground plane or the screw, which voltage do you have?

Comment

What is your tcon part number? One part has a common failure BN95-00628A BN95-00628B BN95-00628C. https://ebay.us/QYesjf
                      https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...628c-see-note/
                      Last edited by neilc6; 12-05-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

So I put the new lvds cable on. Turned on, and for the same boot loop. I leave it powered on, unplug the lvds cable, leds come on as expected, then I replied the cable back in. I now have a picture from my hdmi input, but it has a fast flicker.

Comment

If you come here searching for help and you don't follow other one's advices i say you this is really annoying, i notice this behaviour more an more frequently on the forums...
                          For your information powering on theese devices at less than zero degrees is not a good idea, have you ever checked a device's manual?
                          Plugging a cable more times and having different results can only lead to a faulty cable, since ussually those connectors are very strong. Yoy must be much heavy to destroy them.

Comment

I replaced the cable because I checked the voltage at the main board, and at the tcon. I had the voltage at the main board but not the tcon. The tcon board was new.

Comment

The tv spare parts are almost always used parts, so unfortunately this tells me that "new" cable is somewhat damaged..
                              anyway report the actions you make, i have no chrystal ball..

Comment

Let me just state the current symptoms. The tv is stuck in a boot loop with no leds on. If I it leave on l, still looping, and disconnect the lvds cable, the leds turn on, but no picture. When I re-plug the lvds cable, tv works perfect for 20 seconds then starts to flicker, but continues to function. If I turn it off, then on, it’s stuck in the boot loop again.

Comment

Strange... tell me the silkscreen code of the tcon..

Comment

Working...
                                  X