• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBOX Original - Won't power on

i mean make sure the supercap is not leaking

Comment

[QUOTE=tudrojopsi;925089I really want to fix it now, though.
      Do you have another suggestion for caps that I can order to Israel?[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to wait for long or expensive shipping, there are many many computer motherboards for Intel or AMD processors over the last 10 years that use 3300uF/6.3V low ESR capacitors.

I often use old computer motherboards to scavenge capacitors from. You may check around at old computer shops. These are obsolete boards by now and they may give them to you free.

Some older motherboards may have capacitors from the "capacitor plague" years, but if they're not swollen by now, they're probably still good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
        Hello Wester547,

Agree. In all my time in the past when I was working with TV's or computer monitors, I only ever come across one switching transformer with shorted turns. And from memory it was in a Sharp portable CRT telly.
        Heaps of flyback trannys with shorted turns, even the occasional CRT deflection yoke, but just the one Chopper X-former.

True. Though I've had a fair share of 110V versions come through my work bench, but none with a faulty tranny.
        Admittedly I've only come across three PSU's with this fault, and everyone of them the 240V version, and only the Delta types.

You are 100% correct.
        Though the voltages can be changed to suit either 240 or 110 volt mains supplies.
        Here's how it can be done:

By the way, a few years back I was able to fit a Delta PSU into an X-Box 360 power supply case. I had to mod it a fair bit, and now I use it as a 5V and 3.3V supplement power supply.

As you can see, I had to add a small project case to extend it, as it was a fairly tight fit in the 360 case. Plus the small transformer had to be fitted externally for the same lack of space.
        Regards,
        Relayer
        Do you have the pictures that were posted on imgur.com?

Comment

Working...
        X