Intel has a new logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel has a new logo

Now it looks ultra crappy to reflect the state of their CPUs.
    Attached Files
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Re: Intel has a new logo

It kinds of reminds me of the later Atmel logo for some reason.

I saw that CPU release presentation. That was a total mess. "Don't trust benchmarks. Look at these benchmarks instead." (I don't like synthetic benchmarks or the obsession with Cinebench, but Intel's idea of "real world benchmarks" is complete nonsense.)

Comment

Intel have struggled with their 10nm process but have been making plenty of change selling expensive server processors allowing AMD to trump them with their 7nm Ryzen.
      However as AMD use TSMC to fab their chips they are limited by capacity, hence there are some shortages/price spikes.

If my 3rd gen i7 is anything to go by I very much doubt their new much faster CPUs are crappy, and I would think the 10nm Tiger Lake will a little cooler than their current f̶i̶r̶e̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ Comet Lake and next year it's been reported that TSMC will be fabbing Intels 7nm chips for them....interesting times, the logo..meh

Comment

this would be more fitting!

Comment

My next is going to be a 3800x. However not before I get an intel laptop /w 1660

Manufacturers need to start getting AMD mobile chips out there. They're cooler and run better.
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            If my 3rd gen i7 is anything to go by I very much doubt their new much faster CPUs are crappy, and I would think the 10nm Tiger Lake will a little cooler than their current f̶i̶r̶e̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ Comet Lake and next year it's been reported that TSMC will be fabbing Intels 7nm chips for them....interesting times, the logo..meh
            Off topic:

Meteor lake?

Gee, I think Netburst finally has a proper successor. Who would of though a CPU could also double as a space heater for those cold winter months?
            Last edited by ratdude747; 09-04-2020, 06:41 AM.
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
              Off topic:

Meteor lake?

Gee, I think Netburst finally has a proper successor. Who would of though a CPU could also double as a space heater for those cold winter months?

My i7-4790K easily pushes my exhaust temp to 95F under full load. And that's with a Noctua NH-D14 CPU HSF. Averages 145-160F CPU temp under full load.
              Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
              RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
              Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
              - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
              - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
              - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
              - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X