Marantz 6002 CD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marantz 6002 CD player

This player seems to have a well known issue of not reading the T.O.C,the interesting thing is,given a push,the spindle motor will spin up and read,and play the same disc all day with no problems.It has had a new laser/mech assembly,so it's not a laser/motor issue.

Seems when there's nothing stored in the T.O.C memory,it won't work.
    Anyone found a fix for this? ,Have three players,all the same issue.
    Many thanks,And any help appreciated!

Re: Marantz 6002 CD player

What is "given a push"? Tray, spindle etc?
    When the tray closes, you will see the focus lens move up and down as it hunts for a reflection from the CD, if present.

If the transport (focus offset or gain trimpots) are too far off, it does not work - as if the CD player's firmware only does a limited travel (scan) let's say -10 to +10. But too much offset/low gain in the transport electronics might shift it to -12 to +3, when the CD is at +8 so it will not detect it.

But after a "push" different firmware routine that may do a -20 to +20 focus hunt which is successful to find the focal point. I'm just wildly guessing based on what happened when I've fixed some CD players. I don't know the 6002 but look at the trimpots on the main board and do a focus calibration.

https://www.petervis.com/CD_and_DVD_...ror-fixed.html

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      It's the spindle motor that's given the "push", it's as if there's not enough current to drive it properly,But only when there's nothing stored in the T.O.C.,Once that's been read,it will play fine straight from the "stop" position.I shall have a look at the calibrations,in the meanwhile.Thanks !

Comment

Oh,as for adjustments,there aren't any! ,I guess firmware controlled.All a bit rubbish,really.....

Comment

Working...
        X