Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denon RCD-M40 "Protection Mode: Power", couldn't reset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon RCD-M40 "Protection Mode: Power", couldn't reset.

I have this Denon RCD-M40 with protection mode: power ON always! I cannot reset and I can't use the system by any means! Anyone has a fix? There was line voltage fluctuations for the past couple of days and is now fixed. The receiver was working fine even after that on reset but now this error again and stays ON all the time, right away on plugging the power cord.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JidhinGeorge; 11-21-2020, 12:25 AM.

Re: Denon RCD-M40 "Protection Mode: Power", couldn't reset.

I don't know your experience level but based on the limited description of the fault symptoms and the fact the receiver appears to intermittently work, I would check the voltages on the supply rails while testing for dry joints (flexing the PCB). You may be able to reproduce the fault at will and identify the area that needs attention.

If you can obtain the service manual or at leas the schematic it would be useful.
    Last edited by 3Phase615V; 11-26-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for replying, I have the service manual and I did a solder reflow yesterday to all the individual PCBs after taking apart each boards and the fault cleared, worked for a day. But on turning the power ON today it went bad again. Same fault. Attached service manual to the post here.
      Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is this could be a weak capacitor, the culprit? I have this feeling since it worked fine for several hours and then I removed the main power overnight and plugged in the next day to see the error again!

Comment

could be heat related

Comment

I suspect that too, so where to start with? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X