ECS A770M-A Board at Frys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS A770M-A Board at Frys

I was at Frys today, and checked out this board they have as a bundle special.

The VRM is entirely JPCON caps, TK series. Field caps are OST RLS series.

Re: ECS A770M-A Board at Frys

Yes,
    I've been to Frys just to look. (Okay, oogle, drool, whatever...)
    -
    ECS is still consistently using craps.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Re: ECS A770M-A Board at Frys.... ECS FTL!

It's ECS.....what did you expect?

Comment

The sad part is, ECS is a major builder. The continued use of poor quality caps is quietly reinforcing the argument to buy Intel boards.

Comment

ECS is a major builder, but they stuff their boards with shit... now if I wanted them to build boards for me, I'd send them a BOM spec'n better caps and that's how they would build it... That's pretty much how the industry is.
          Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

I notice that Intel uses Foxconn for a number of the boards, along with ECS and others.

I've seen a few Foxconn Intel boards, and they don't seem to be populated with pure junk. Most of the caps are middle of the road, and polymers around the VRM.

The Fry's boards just abound with bad caps. I'm so glad Frys leaves sample boards out on display so one can scope out the caps before buying.

Comment

Actually the TK series caps are from a Japanese Cap maker Toshin not JPCON. I have 2 ecs boards and with TK series, Sanyo and OST every where else. Not too bad. But the most recent boards with the polymers have Elite, G-luxon, OST and Evercon. Yes EVERCON!

Comment

My old ECS RS482-M754 is still going strong, has OST caps around the VRM, and GTK or something like that everywhere else. Sometimes...SOMETIMES bad caps can be somewhat reliable.

Comment

The sales guy at Fry's told me they no longer carry ECS boards, because they are such junk.

I was there for a replacement for a dead 865G-M v2.3 ECS board, and all they had was an MSI board. It was populate with those TK caps, so I took off running for the exit.

Comment

Originally posted by bgavin
                    The sales guy at Fry's told me they no longer carry ECS boards, because they are such junk.
                    They still have plenty of them in stock at their Phoenix store, and just last week Fry's was advertising a cheap CPU & ECS mobo combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      Actually the TK series caps are from a Japanese Cap maker Toshin not JPCON. I have 2 ecs boards and with TK series, Sanyo and OST every where else. Not too bad. But the most recent boards with the polymers have Elite, G-luxon, OST and Evercon. Yes EVERCON!
                      Yes, TK stands for Toshin Kogyo it's the brand not the series. It's a good capacitor brand.
                      Here's a picture of the VRM:
                      http://product.pcpop.com/000069694/P...000510086.html
                      http://product.pcpop.com/000069694/P...000470378.html
                      It has Elite solid polymers on the Vcore output.

So caps are Toshin Kogyo, Elite and OST.

Comment

That was like 1/3 their inventory.. and "Universal ABit" is gone too. I hope they get some more brands to take their place.

Comment

Fry's does not carry the boards I typically require. It is still good to look over what they have in stock to see how they are constructed. I usually get new replacements from eBay sellers.

I installed an IP35 Pro (abit) into my new workstation and am not disappointed at all. The Everest performance shows the board at the extreme upper edge of its class. The AT12V in the very Northwest corner is a real bugger when used with a P182 Antec case.

Before they were cleared out, the ECS boards are entirely populated with junk caps, even though using Intel chipsets. I've had two machines come in with dead ECS boards, and replaced them with MSI. The chipset was the same, so no OS rebuild was required.

Comment

NOPE!

Frys doesn't care if they sell junk.

They don't sell ECS anymore because:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=ECS+Frys
                            Mann-Made Global Warming.
                            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X