Biostar TF7025-M2 recap project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar TF7025-M2 recap project

Nothing failed, but I use this in my test computer, so I need it to be reliable. I pulled all the OST's with vents and replaced them with Rubycons.

The board had:

15x OST RLP 1000uF 6.3v
    3x OST RLG 1000uF 10v

Those were replaced by:

18x Rubycon MCZ 1000uF 10v

In addition to some UCC on the VRM input, and other smaller OST's without vents. I left those alone.

Now I know I violated my own rule by using a different series than what was on the board (replacing the GP RLG's with low ESR Rubycons), but I dont think it will hurt anything.

The board seems to work fine after being recapped.

Here's some pics:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...h/hpim0522.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...h/hpim0521.jpg
    A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Re: Biostar TF7025-M2 recap project

Just a notice on your otherwise good job: put a fan on the chipset heatsink, it tends to be between warm and hot.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

That's cool... My Biostar 6100-939 is still chugging along, since 2006 with the same caps it shipped with.
      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

im thinking of recapping my boards that looks similar to yours, i also have a biostar 7050-M2 with solid capacitor on output vrm but KZG at the input. the rest are all OST (yuck..)

probably 3 month later i will recap all the ost and kzg with rubys or sanyo caps... wonder how much difficult it is to recap a rohs board with a 30W solder iron..
        Attached Files
        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Just an update:

The board has now destabilized. I used Rubycon MCZ, the ones they sent me from Badcaps, to replace the OST's. I will be running folding, and if I come back an hour or two later the machine will be hard locked. It was always reliable before the recap. I would suspect the ESR is too low somewhere. I'll let everyone know if I can stabilize the thing.

So I wouldn't go recapping these things, just yet. If you do, make sure you get exact replacements for the cap series that come out of it!

Comment

Make sure PSU caps are in good condition.
            Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
            Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
            160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
            Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
            160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
            Samsung 18x DVD writer
            Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
            33 way card reader
            Windows XP Pro SP3
            Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
            17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
            HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Brand new PSU. Acbel 550w from the thread in the "announcements" section. And yes, the caps are in good condition. The only thing to change was the OST caps on the motherboard.

I figured it out. It now needs .012v more processor voltage to remain stable at the same speed. This despite the fact that I did not change anything in the CPU VR area.

Comment

Working...
              X