50PX950-UA screen flickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50PX950-UA screen flickers

Hi guys, long time listener, first time caller...I have a 50PX950-UA that was working but the main board went out according to the Toms Service Manual. Jumped the two pins and the test screen popped up and looked like it should. Fast forward a week and I get a main board from TVPartsToday which looked kinda bad...but not great. They said it worked and offered a full refund if it didn't so I popped it in and the tv turned on but the screen went to pink and the tv didn't respond to the remote or the touch bar and it has me kind of concerned something inside burned up. Fast forward to today and I receive another board from someone else and now the TV powers up but it flickers and you get all sorts of horizontal lines. If you have any idea what this is doing or where you'd start trying to figure out the issue let I'd appreciate it. Hopefully it's not scrap. Attached is a video of what it is doing. All voltages check out per Tom's Service Manual as well.

https://imgur.com/a/LLNY3XW is a link to the screen issue. Sorry about the creepy legs in the video
    Last edited by sailnaked6842; 09-13-2019, 05:28 PM.

Re: 50PX950-UA screen flickers

Thats a main problem or lvds cable is not proper inserted or small cable on the lvds is damage.....if evrythings looks well connected main problem no good

Comment

Re: 50PX950-UA screen flickers

Nailed it, there's a board after the main board that was disconnected to do the main board test...apparently that strip wasn't plugged back in properly. Disconnected and reconnected it and it's good as new

Comment

Working...
      X