• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse wg55ur4100 no response

Cv838h-b-11-170818 is the number

Comment

That is the main board number. I am looking for the part number.

Comment

These are only numbers i find on board
        Attached Files

Comment

Wonder if this is a match, the numbers seem to match up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTINGHOUS...ty!43616!US!-1

Comment

in that link there is this number W18054-SY
            Is there something like that on your board or TV?

Comment

my scenario is a little different, same exact westinghouse model.

After pressing power button to turn on, green LED turned off, with the use of a flashlight i can picture, also i remember i connected a fire TV and played a video on YouTube and there was sound. so I am assuming mainboard is fine, T-CON is fine based on the below readings as well.
              Those are the readings I got with all main board cables hooked

Cn201
              V12= 12.3v
              V12= 12.3v
              Gnd
              Gnd
              Gnd
              V5= 5.1v
              V5= 5.1v
              Stb= 5.1v
              Ps-on= 3.1v
              V5= 5.1v
              V5= 5.1v

Cn202
              V24= 24.6v
              V24= 24.6v
              Gnd
              Gnd

- I got crazy readings here which i couldn't interpret:
              Led1+ 155.1v diff with Led1-
              Led1+ 216v diff with TV metal body (GND)
              Led1- 0v

Led2- 0v
              Led1- 0v

Cn206
              Bk= 5.05v
              Adj= 2.898v
              Gnd
              Gnd

What should be the normal readings on Led1+,- and Led2+,- on a working TV of that exact model???

What else should I test to know if it's the LED strips malfunctioning or something still wrong with the power supply itself please?

Thanks for any help

Comment

The LED output voltage is likely around 110 ~ 130vdc @ 600ma. You have open led's in the string causing the voltage to read high and cause the protection to cut in.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I finally got a the tester from Amazon and got to open the TV. First just with tester, one half of the TV did not show any light with the tester and the other half showed very faint light (probably because the tester current is max 30mA or something). Then when I opened the TV and removed the screen and filters, found 2 out of the 10 strings were not functioning well. 1 completely dead and the other has just 1 worked LED out of the 5 in that string. LED string part number is 3P55TA004-A2. Gotta find out where to get replacement for those two malfunctioning strings.

Comment

Wonder how microvibe came out, kind of shitty not to give any followup.

Comment

Hey again everyone
                      seems 3P55TA004-A2 is almost impossible to find.
                      would another part number work? say 3P55TA004-A0 which seems to be more available

Comment

That's correct 3P55TA004-A2 and 3P55TA004-A0 both will work. I have had same tv sitting here for over a year and have not got around to getting leds.
                        Westinghouse WG55UR4100 TV is same as Element E4STA5517

Comment

tech9pc,
                          I sent the same question to shopjimmy and they said no both part numbers are not compatible and to keep looking for A4.
                          So I'd rather hear it from someone who's tried it, did 3P55TA004-A0 work well on your westinghouse WG55UR4100 TV? did you mix A0 & A4 without problems?

Comment

No I never tried it yet test.testary ... but thats my plan since the strips are obselete/discontinued and mostly all gone. The WG55UR4100 I have I used a bunch of the strips to fix another identical one. So now going to just get the 3P55TA004-A0 and use them to get this one back up and running when I get to it.
                            They are good tv's still and have nice picture even though they are older 2017 or so models. Still actually better than most the garbage they are pushing now.

WG55UR4100 uses 10 strips (5 x 3 volt leds on each strip) 3P55TA004-A2
                            WG55UX4100 uses 10 strips (5 x 3 volt leds on each strip) 3P55TA004-A0 - both tv's are pretty much identical except UX4100 model is contrast ratio 4000 : 1 ... and UR4100 3000 : 1
                            both strips are practically identical in length and led placement ... even the connectors are same

Here are some links and some good photos from a foreign website that shows clearly the 3P55TA004-A2 and 3P55TA004-A0 led strips right down to even having the same connectors.
                            3P55TA004-A2 - https://electronicamorelos.com/index...oduct_id=30963
                            3P55TA004-A0 - https://electronicamorelos.com/index...oduct_id=30958

Comment

Working...
                            X