Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX1070M is in short ?

Hi all,
    I need a confirmation about this chip that I don't know.
    I read on multimeter in resistance mode 0.7 Ohm on main power line
    Obviously is in short, there is a very low ohm value, right ?

Re: GTX1070M is in short ?

I think so. The GTX960M had a very low resistance. Maybe these chips used to have low resistance. But I do not have it now. But 0.7 Ohm is really nothing.
    is power present for this chip?
    does it get warm or hot?
    Last edited by caspian; 09-13-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Yes, it's powered with 0.80 V and it's hot (not too hot) but cpu is cold with a resistence of 1.8 ohm.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-13-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
        Yes, it's powered with 0.80 V and it's hot (not too hot) but cpu is cold with a resistence of 1.8 ohm.
        If GPU Vcore is present it's most likely not shorted. Is CPU Vcore present? You said it stays cold. If every power rail is present and the laptop turns on with a black screen you should take a look at the BIOS. Usually the CPU stays cold when the BIOS ROM is corrupted or missing.

My experience was that GPUs get hot as soon as they get Vcore
        Last edited by KvnTM; 09-13-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

It's the same situation descript on my post on hp starwars, all signal present but non +VCORE.
          But in the hp the cpu is integrated with hub , in this case no so I try to replace pch.
          Unfortunately no boardview for this mobo -> GL502VSK i7-7700....

Comment

first you have to make sure PCH is defective. But I think you did not yet. Since GPU has power, PCH may be fine.
            I found this repair guide that may help. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...6-asus-gl502vt
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-27-2023, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
              It's the same situation descript on my post on hp starwars, all signal present but non +VCORE.
              But in the hp the cpu is integrated with hub , in this case no so I try to replace pch.
              Unfortunately no boardview for this mobo -> GL502VSK i7-7700....
              All lines present on cpu vcore ic ?
              You should rule them out first before replacing the pch.

Comment

ALL_SYS_Powergood or something similar on your kbc present?? Vcore iC input voltage like VBat/VDD/VCC/VR on present? I know you are experienced enough and perhaps already checked these basic things. Bios flashed??

PS: Struggling on a HP450 with mb 6050A249310 for missing Vcore. In my case SUS_PWR_DN_ACK doesnt rise to 3V and is stuck at 0.58V. replacing the PCH didnt helped. So think twice before replacing PCH.
                Last edited by mcplslg123; 09-13-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Hmmm if it was gtx1080..that ohm reading should be fine...but i believe gtx1070 should have at least few ohms..
                  ..I will check tomorrow and will let you know.

Comment

You need to check when the chip is cold and all power is drained from the board. If the chip is hot, resistance will be lower, and if the capacitors still have some charge the readings will be wrong.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Ok, i checked and on my asus g752vs the resistence on gtx1070 is 0.08 ohm. Also checked on some other forums and people reporting 0.07 or even 0.06.ohm...working gtx1070 gpu.

Comment

So, the gpu is Ok with this low resistence
                        I tried many bios and reprogrammed and substitute EC with no luck.
                        On keyboard, the power button and caps are on (and with this, I usually think a bios failure) .
                        The keyboard is managed by another ite dedicated chip.
                        I isolate the NVVDD and the chip remain hot....
                        Check other signal is not simple with this motherboard , no schematic or boardview available.
                        I think the only solution is to use a boardview of gl502VM for the parts in common.
                        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-15-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Today, I have measured resistance on GTX950M chip on Asus K501UX. it was 4.1 Ohms to GND. I think 0.7 Ohm and 0.07 Ohm are too low. I guess something is wrong with your measurements. maybe, your multimeter or something in the circuit.

Comment

LOL...First i apologize... i just noticed i made mistake...i added one 0
                            Readings on my laptop on gtx1070 are 0.8 ohm...not 0.08 ohm...and readings on this gpu that i read on other forums are 0.7 and 0.6 ohm...not 0.06
                            On gtx1080 is even lower...And that brings as to o question...or rather say a problem...it will be very difficult in the future to determine is gpu failed (shorted) or not...because of high power consamption (low ohm reading).
                            I tried to add a few links regarding topic..but it wouldnt let me...

Comment

does it has integrated and discrete vga? check if it has all coils for both cpu and igpu. if so u can try remove vdd nvidia ram power and see if it boot, but most notebook have intel vga disabled and not working.

also how old is it ? if more then 2 years, used all day for gaming and died on august (hot weather) probably a gpu problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X