X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    Ah, yeah, the other one is ExpodeGen. I still confuse one with the other. But I still think it may do close to 400 W, it has ERL-35 transformer…
    The Heden is a Deer (Solytech). I think that 350W would also be that one's limit. I've had several deers that were more beefy as that Heden blow up under 400W load
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Deer has made worse. But like most YC input caps, the ratings are probably exaggerated, they're most likely 330uF. And it probably has 13007's, so I'd trust it with 225W. Surprised it has a fan controller though

Comment

Seasonic SS-250SFD
        Unless otherwise specified, all electrolytics are OST RLS Series.

2200uF 16V OST RLP on +12V rail.
        1000uF 16V before -12V rail inductor with 220uF 16V after it.
        2200uF 10V OST RLX before +5V output inductor with 2200uF 10V OST RLP after it.
        2200uF 10V before +3.3V output inductor with 3300uF 6.3V after it.
        2200uF 10V JP CE-TUT before +5VSB output inductor with 220uF 16V after it.
        150uF 400V Hitachi HP3 primary unit.

STPS30L45CT rectifiers for +3.3V and +12V outputs.
        STPS4045CW rectifier for +5V output.
        CM6800G PFC/PWM controller with HY510 secondary side output voltage supervisor.
        FQP9N50 PFC boost stage with 2SK3533 primary switcher.
        VIPer22A +5VSB primary side regulator.
        GBU406 primary side bridge rectifier.
        Attached Files
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Only one 2200uF, 16V capacitor on the +12V rail? That's it? That's kind of lacking in terms of output filtering for a 250W unit whose +12V rail is rated for 16A, but in all fairness, a 30A part is quite overkill for 16A.
          Last edited by Wester547; 03-05-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Winsis KWT-200. TFX psu that comes with the Winsis WI-02 Mini-itx case. For a PSU that comes with a case that only cost $60 this thing is pretty impressive. It even has pi coils and a full input filter!

Comment

I think I've just learned new capacitor brand
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

^
                I've seen those <BH> Caps before. They are Bad, Honestly.
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I meant them ZhiCheng or what is that sign
                  Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by cheese007 View Post
                    ...For a PSU that comes with a case that only cost $60 this thing is pretty impressive. It even has pi coils and a full input filter!
                    It looks capable of advertised ratings to me.
                    I meant them ZhiCheng or what is that sign
                    I've seen ZhiCheng caps before but just recently found their website
                    Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                    ^

Comment

Anyway, do you think momaka gave up and I should tell him the secret?
                      Sort of... I haven't had time to log in BCN all week.

I'm still sticking to my point - that PSU is just "different". Look at those small traffos - it's more than likely some high frequency shit. That makes it possible to design a filter that uses totally different capacitors and coils. There are indeed PI coils in there. And you have Chemicon PSCs. Obviously a completely different animal that has very little to do with what you'd see in a generic crap PSU.

Anyways, do tell your secret

Originally posted by c_hegge
                      You spoke like a true prodigy.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                        Anyways, do tell your secret
                        It's different. That's all you can come up with? Oh come on…

You really don't see the flying coil?

Comment

It's different. That's all you can come up with?
                          Yup. I'm dumb as a bucket, alright

You really don't see the flying coil?
                          I did. Figured it may be for a magamp circuit for one of the rails. Can't tell everything from one picture, though.

Comment

Who gives a fuck what it's for?! You'been talking 'bout some problems squeezing inductors somewhere. Here you have some crazy ghetto shit coming directly from factory in server grade PSU.

So stop talking about nothing, just admit you're blind and any inductor is perfectly squeezable into any cheap shit power supply

Comment

Who gives a fuck what it's for?
                              Well that's disappointing, I thought you knew . So much for revealing the secret

Comment

Whole point was in the bloody coil, or more to say, some wire strangely flying in there having ferite glued to it. Why you keep repeating obvious that it's DC-DC which has NOTHING in common with how it's done?

It was you coming with all the crazy stuff all the time, remember? After all, what else that could be when I replied to quotation of you talking about not squeezing inductors somewhere…

Comment

The image's filename gives it away ... it's a shot of Supermicro PWS-203-1H PSU

Comment

Here you have some crazy ghetto shit coming directly from factory in server grade PSU.
                                    Just because it came from a factory doesn't mean the designer wasn't insane...
                                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

But it works obviously so you can use it whenever you need as well

Comment

Yet another Key Mouse (K-Mex) unit, this one is labeled as 450W but they were dumb enough to leave the real model in one of the stickers that reads PX230 so this is a 230W unit from their PX Series also this unit is a little bit smaller than average ATX PSUs with only 120mm depth, all caps are ChengX except the primaries which are HEC branded and at least in this case the manufacturing quality is horrendous, there are cracks in the PCB and loose solder drops all over this thing the rest as follows:

No EMI/Transient filter ...even website says it's "optional"
                                        4-diode treatment
                                        only two "Y" caps but fake ones
                                        Primary caps 470uf-200V
                                        Primary switchers 13007
                                        SB switcher 2N60
                                        Supervisor+PWM CG8010 ...is it just me or this is a chinese-equivalent version of WT7520?
                                        Main transformer EI-28
                                        SB Schottky SB340
                                        12V Schottky F12C200
                                        5V Schottky MBR2045
                                        3.3V is generated by 40N03 mosfet
                                        All positive rails use one 1000uf cap except -12V which uses one 470uf cap
                                        No output coils (and/or space to stuff them) except for SB

I've seen this kind of small PSU before under brands like ULTRA or Maxpower all with pretty much the same stuff inside just small changes like bigger main trafos' (EI-33 or EI35) and higher rating rectifiers, some of them use real bridge rectifier instead of 4-diodes but so far all low-end Key Mouse made PSUs I've seen use EverPower trafos' so what do you think? Everpower inside equals to Key Mouse made?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by SIDMX; 03-12-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

If run above 200-250W it might glow.
                                          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X