Teapo made power supplies?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teapo made power supplies?!

It's over 24 years old, but still. Panaflo fan, nice. I wonder if it uses Teapo caps?
    Attached Files

Re: Teapo made power supplies?!

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
    It's over 24 years old, but still. Panaflo fan, nice. I wonder if it uses Teapo caps?
    Nice, but my question is does it have teapo's ?????
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

First time I have seen a teapo psu even despite the age, looks to be good quality
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I've seen one from 1993, and the electrolytic capacitor values were quite large which included a 1800uF 200V primary side pair.
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Here's another Teapo power supply, 1988 date code
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jooo; 11-06-2014, 05:32 AM.

Comment

i'v got one someplace too.
            mine was in an external 5 1/4" drive caddy.

very well built, i think it still works even though it has the original caps.

Comment

Teapo used to be synonym to good quality back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
                Here's another Teapo power supply, 1988 date code
                Similar bung style today, except not as concentrated in the middle...

If you were building custom PCs back in the day, everything was from Taiwan. Anything else was either a Japanese import(NEC, Panasonic, etc...), or manufactured in the US (DEC, DELL, HP, etc...).

The old Taiwanese motherboards (XT, 286) were a pain, and the BIOS had to be constantly re-programmed (And you had to take the whole MB to do this). Then a Taiwanese manufacturer called Asus came along, and I used them almost exclusively, until they started using the planned obsolescence model.
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Indeed and they were good quality. I used to have an old full AT 200W unit...it was a beast inside!

Comment

Working...
                  X