Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD 2000 vs Ati HD 6450 for Flash player!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD 2000 vs Ati HD 6450 for Flash player!

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
    and your'e wrong about blu-ray, HD 2000 supports hardware H.264 decoding
    i was referring to the 3d video decoding support NOT the 2d video decoding. the hd 2000 can decode 2d h264 video but not 3d mvc h264.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
      i was referring to the 3d video decoding support NOT the 2d video decoding. the hd 2000 can decode 2d h264 video but not 3d mvc h264.

Thanks; so i assume that i'm good with Hd2000 ,since i only stream up to 1080p top ?

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
        Thanks; so i assume that i'm good with Hd2000 ,since i only stream up to 1080p top ?

check this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LQCcER5Q0

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
          http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...Radeon+HD+6450
          and
          http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...D+Family&id=37

The Intel HD graphics is much more powerful than a 6450, and is about the same as a GF 620.
          Also the Hd 6450 card shown on the test is only 512 mem mine is 1g mem,does this has any difference?

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Radeon-Si...o+cars+hd+6450

Comment

^
            No. The amount of memory on the graphics card has no impact on performance (at least not once you get above about 128MB). It's all down to the GPU.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

the video u posted is that of a gaming benchmark. gaming performance has got nothing to do with video decoding performance. they use different parts of the gpu during gaming and video decoding.

i remember reading somewhere saying that u need 128mb of video ram for viewing sd videos, 256mb for fhd videos and 512mb for uhd 4k videos. other than that the video ram doesnt make a practical difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                the video u posted is that of a gaming benchmark. gaming performance has got nothing to do with video decoding performance. they use different parts of the gpu during gaming and video decoding.

i remember reading somewhere saying that u need 128mb of video ram for viewing sd videos, 256mb for fhd videos and 512mb for uhd 4k videos. other than that the video ram doesnt make a practical difference.

Thanks folks for this info: i did try to use the IGT hd2000 with the other lenovo thinkcenter same motherboard H61 M series with DVI and VGA outputs to HD TV and Hd monitor, all good but only one problem, with DVI to HDMI i have over-scan and i can't use the computer on the LCD vizio display due to over-scan,and don't see no over-scan controls so i can fit the screen on the TV, with VGA it's ok but video is not as good,this is on Ubuntu 14.04 OPS, so went back to discrete Ati HD 6450 card,where i have the Ati Catalytic controls for over scan,

now ordered a Display-port to Hdmi cable, since the other same Lenovo Thinkcenter M series chip set H65 with OPS Win 10 has Display-port and Vga outputs,
                hope it won't happen the something the over-scan issue! otherwise i have to be obligated to use the Discrete Ati HD 6450 instead. i will keep you posted.
                Last edited by ivtec; 09-18-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                  Thanks folks for this info: i did try to use the IGT hd2000 with the other lenovo thinkcenter same motherboard H61 M series with DVI and VGA outputs to HD TV and Hd monitor, all good but only one problem, with DVI to HDMI i have over-scan and i can't use the computer on the LCD vizio display due to over-scan,and don't see no over-scan controls so i can fit the screen on the TV, with VGA it's ok but video is not as good,this is on Ubuntu 14.04 OPS, so went back to discrete Ati HD 6450 card,where i have the Ati Catalytic controls for over scan,

now ordered a Display-port to Hdmi cable, since the other same Lenovo Thinkcenter M series chip set H65 with OPS Win 10 has Display-port and Vga outputs,
                  hope it won't happen the something the over-scan issue! otherwise i have to be obligated to use the Discrete Ati HD 6450 instead. i will keep you posted.
                  there is no overscan on digital. i'm sure vizio is to blame for as they're a crappy brand. check the TV zoom levels
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                    ^
                    No. The amount of memory on the graphics card has no impact on performance (at least not once you get above about 128MB). It's all down to the GPU.
                    Depends on application. It won't make or break a card, but in intense applications it can help.
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                      Depends on application. It won't make or break a card, but in intense applications it can help.
                      yeah, gaming, it can, if it's real 3d gaming with large textures and frame sizes, shaders, maps, etc.

but honestly, for win7, if the cmos lets me have a choice I change it to 32M, and it makes no difference for the areo score

hardware buffering of HD videos, it can make a difference. Anything 4k even my i5 lags on, and it never let me choose my apu memory. But the problem is CPU power, as I've looked at my core percentages and it's 100% across all cores decoding youtube 4k, or 1080p@60fps (it fluxates framerates, but its not as bad as the lag I get from 4k)

and this is an ivy bridge i5 3230 /w a 7.1 cpu score
                      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                        there is no overscan on digital. i'm sure vizio is to blame for as they're a crappy brand. check the TV zoom levels
                        Uranium you're right; the problem is my Vizio but for now i have to live with it,
                        and the Ati HD6450 is doing a good job on the Ati Catalytic control,that's why i decided to keep it instead of changing to the IGT hd2000 and canceled the Display-pot to HDMI cable because i learned it would do the same thing as the DVI, the over-scan on Vizio tv,besides i also learned that the buffering and other issues on Fubotv streaming site were their fault, but now they have changed and structured their streaming site and lately i have no issues,so now i'm happy with the Ati HD 6450.

Comment

Working...
                        X