This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to all the tinkers out there . . . I am also new to the forum. Thanks to topcat and the crew!!

My current repair is the HV section on our CCFL LCD TV. My bench is limited and I am on the 2nd go-around now as the fix that I applied, 3 new 40V dual P+N channel MOSFET, only worked for about two weeks. They did make the video visible again but now appear to be caput again. Working on the PCB was painful as I lifted a few traced and had to fit jumpers. So I am thinking something else must be going on. I am hesitant to just replace the fuse and MOSFETS again. Will post more and will try to post in correct spot.

Comment

Hi to all the tinkers out there . . . I am also new to the forum. Thanks to topcat and the crew!!

My current repair is the HV section on our CCFL LCD TV. My bench is limited and I am on the 2nd go-around now as the fix that I applied, 3 new 40V dual P+N channel MOSFET, only worked for about two weeks. They did make the video visible again but now appear to be caput again. Working on the PCB was painful as I lifted a few traced and had to fit jumpers. So I am thinking something else must be going on. I am hesitant to just replace the fuse and MOSFETS again. Will post more and will try to post in correct spot.

Comment

Hi - just posting hello. I have a sony kdl-37xbr6 that is blinking 6 times and does not work.

I'll create a thread for this once I am able.
        Ej_Flys

Comment

Hi,I'm Okidoki. I like doing things by myself.I came across this site looking for answers and found that this is a nice website.More power to the Administration and to everybody using this site.

Comment

Hello to everybody.
            I'm new to this, and I just came by while trying to fix my Samsung 32'' TV.
            Its problem is washed out image, and it probably has to do with t-con board.
            Once again, hello and have a good day.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              I'm new here. I decided to try and fix my old Iiyama ProLite E2200WS monitor, and found some posts about this model on the forum. However, as mine does not seem to have the exact same issues as described in those posts, I decided to register to be able to ask for some specific advice.

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member wanting to say Hello.

I'm retired electrical engineer (Power systems) but like to repair all kinds of appliances.

Comment

Hi All,

Though i would quickly say hello to everyone on here and hope for some help in return.

I will set up a seperate post shortly its regarding a LG 42PJ550 tht has issues with turning on.

Comment

I am retired U.S. Navy and have worked in the electronics field for over 40 years. I used to repair TV's over 20 years ago but stopped since I was too busy repairing Computers. I only started repairing TV's again when all of the TV repair shops in the area closed down for mostly health reasons. Anyway I hope to add to my knowledge of TV Repair and maybe help someone else too.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm from Poland and I found this forum while researching my problem. Since I want to start learning how to fix electronics stuff I do believe this is the place to ask all sorts of questions ;]

Comment

Hey... New member...i like to play with electronics and teach myself.
                        So far so good with many fixed pieces and no electrc shocks!
                        Im generally looking for answers to questions

Comment

HI, new member! Got a free Samsung 50" plasma TV, trying to find out if I can save it! Thanks!
                          Just trying to make these stupid electrons behave!
                          ...Not having too much success, they keep flying around those atom thingy-majiggers...

Comment

Hi everyone, I've just come across this nice community while trying to fix my old SyncMaster's backlight, found some helpful hints and decided to register. I started to assemble electronic circuits when it was cheaper than buying off-the-shelf chinese crap, then diverted to other hobbies and occupations, now trying to revive my old knowledge when it comes to keep alive some appliances or computer hardware. Thanks for the great support, hope I can as well help others one day.

Comment

Hello.

I repair TVs professionally (among other things) and signed up basically to tell a member "thank you!" I probably won't post much, but this is required to send him a PM.

Great site and wealth of info.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello peeps!

I stumbled upon this forum while trying to fix my Vizio Tv and was really impressed with the wealth of information and knowledge represented here. Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello folks

I got a 55'' led TV and I try to save it.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey all! You know u can find out how someone else fixes almost anything by searching youtube....that doesn't necessarily mean you should try to fix it yourself! Just tried to fix my garage door and learned it would be worth the money to have and expert come out and do the job correctly instead of trapping your wife's car in the garage for a couple of hours while you try to figure out how to get the door back up once you release the spring tension.

I've repaired several computer monitors with obvious bad caps in the lighting circuits. I've also repaired a couple of LCD TVs (one of my own and one a friend was tossing) by searching forums here. Lots of great information! I have another couple of junked TVs I'd like to get fixed up so I'll be starting a thread with what I have found so far and looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

hello

Comment

New here. I been recapping a lot of older stuff lately and thought I'd make an account!
                                        I recaped my vp6 not to long ago.

Comment

Hi guys :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X