• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WinXP Sp 4?

Hi guys :has anybody tried this ?

https://majorgeeks.com/files/details...nofficial.html

Re: WinXP Sp 4?

link doesnt work. redirects to the site index.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

There is no official Service Pack 4 for XP, the so-called "unofficial XP SP4" update is not a service pack released by Microsoft, it is supposedly a collection of post SP1 updates in one package, but good luck finding it and I hope you don't get a trojan or other malware in the process.

Comment

ryanvm.net and msfn.org FTW!
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

ryanvm.net is totally useless, returns a single link to page not found. msfn.org can get you to the post SP3 updates if you specifically search for it, so it's basically a useless link by itself too, and certainly does not warrant the "FTW!" crap. You don't win anything and I repeat, it is NOT SP4!

With some (non-newbie) effort you can download and create your own slipstream with all post XP SP3 updates included with SP3 but it is NOT SP4 because SP4 does NOT exist and people should stop calling it that and stop posting useless links.

Comment

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Still useless to the OP and still no XP SP4, is there? There's not even a straightforward way to get and utilize all the post SP3 updates, is there? Come on. Give it up already. Nobody wants to follow all that crap. You might want to consider this; quit trying to prove a non-existent point.

Comment

It's here:
                http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopi...&highlight=sp4
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                  Is this the link you were looking for? http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...nofficial.html

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                    Steve is a tad bit CRANKY I think. :P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                      Still useless to the OP and still no XP SP4, is there? There's not even a straightforward way to get and utilize all the post SP3 updates, is there? Come on. Give it up already. Nobody wants to follow all that crap. You might want to consider this; quit trying to prove a non-existent point.
                      I do not know about you...But I am not abandoning XP without a fight. Even if that means doing whatever is needed to keep it alive for as long as possible. No hurdle is too big to overcome at this point in the game.

Comment

No. XP is insecure and outdated.
                        Either use it offline where updates don't matter or use a different operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                          No. XP is insecure and outdated.
                          Either use it offline where updates don't matter or use a different operating system.
                          Who died and made you the dictator? Another Microshaft Windows 10 shill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                            I do not know about you...But I am not abandoning XP without a fight. Even if that means doing whatever is needed to keep it alive for as long as possible. No hurdle is too big to overcome at this point in the game.
                            I didn't say give up on XP. I said give up trying to pass off post-sp3 updates as "SP4" cuz it isn't SP4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                              Who died and made you the dictator? Another Microshaft Windows 10 shill.
                              I run 7 not 10, and i'm serious about IT and security.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                                I didn't say give up on XP. I said give up trying to pass off post-sp3 updates as "SP4" cuz it isn't SP4.
                                We all know it is not official. Hell. it states that clearly in the download page, if you bothered to look at it. UNOFFICIAL.

Comment

I wish someone would make an 'unofficial' win7 SP2.....aka a good streamline rollup update of criticals, minus the telemetry, win10 bs, or other nonsense....
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

^^MS wont release a service pack as that would extend the support lifecycle of the product.
                                    But the least they could do is release an "update rollup" which is basically the exact same thing as a Service Pack minus the support/testing that goes into one.
                                    I.e. a supported update and not a community offering with dubious status like the ones linked above!

I reread my comments here on this matter and it's quite ironic, because we are already at the stage where updating Win7 has become such a chore due to how poorly the update system works that most might just give up!
                                    Last edited by Per Hansson; 02-22-2016, 10:31 AM.
                                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Yes, I tried the XP SP4 last week.

Installed without a hitch, and I highly recommend it.

XP will be updated until 2019, so it's still a viable OS for production environments. After applying the SP, Microsoft Update showed new updates for POSReady 2009, installed those, and everything was hunkydory.
                                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                        ^^MS wont release a service pack as that would extend the support lifecycle of the product.
                                        Yes, I knew that....which is why I suggested rollup...or keeping with the theme of the thread, an 'unofficial' SP...
                                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                        Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                        X