• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspire 8920G reboot

Hi guys,
    my name's Riccardo from Italy
    i've this problem:

Aspire 8920G reboot when loading Windows .. exclude hard disk and GPU (already replaced).

the notebook works fine in safe mode and and loading windows xp live from USB

tomorrow I will receive the Peak esr70 for test bad capacitors, it is possible that the problem is some bad capacitor?It may be under stress could cause the problem?

Bye
    Ric

Re: Aspire 8920G reboot

Have you tried a Linux livecd? That sounds more like a software problem to me.

Comment

It seems like a graphic card problem to me..I have seen it a few times before.What happens is that windows loads fine until they load graphic card driver.
      That "stretches" the card causing reboot.If I remeber correctly your laptop has an separated graphic card.Maybe you can find someone with the same laptop and borrow his card.
      Otherwise with a reflow you will be sure if it is the card to blame.

P.S You can see what card is compatible with your laptop here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer...els-cards.html
      Last edited by Joun; 02-03-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

If you read what the OP wrote the video card was already replaced.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by astrosofia View Post
          tomorrow I will receive the Peak esr70 for test bad capacitors, it is possible that the problem is some bad capacitor?It may be under stress could cause the problem?
          Slightly possible.
          Laptops don't usually use Lytic caps so they have fewer caps problems than desktops.
          The problem is -after- the OS is installed to the hard drive ??
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
            If you read what the OP wrote the video card was already replaced.
            You're right but since it is a little hard to find the right card for a laptop,(a lot harder than finding a hard disk) maybe he ment CPU not GPU?
            After all it is a whole separate board not just a GPU..

Comment

I've already replaced 2 video cards and rule out the hdd excluded as well (the customer's and my) .. is the cpu or the motherboard IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Joun View Post
                It seems like a graphic card problem to me..I have seen it a few times before.What happens is that windows loads fine until they load graphic card driver.
                That "stretches" the card causing reboot.If I remeber correctly your laptop has an separated graphic card.Maybe you can find someone with the same laptop and borrow his card.
                Otherwise with a reflow you will be sure if it is the card to blame.

P.S You can see what card is compatible with your laptop here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer...els-cards.html
                If you think this list can not create the restart issue?

Comment

Are the video cards you replaced compatible with this list? What card is it? Is it 9500M GS, HD 3650, 9650M GS, or 9600M GS?

Comment

definitely not the same video card, but it could give the same problem?

Comment

Hello!
                      I know that this topic is outdated but i still want to share my experience so maybe others, even by googling, can benefit.
                      The same case arrived 2 days ago in my store.
                      Acer Aspire 8920G. Rebooted every 3-5 minutes. Wont let you install/format anything.
                      A clue was that, if unplugged from AC it could stay around 10 minutes without rebooting.
                      So, after stripping i realized that this notebook used the infamous Nec Tokin proadlizers, responsible for the Toshiba Satellite L300 freezing issue.
                      Swapped that and now the laptop working like a charm.
                      Note: You can find the discussion and guide on repairing in this forum if you search for L300 freeze.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Same problem.
                        I solved with Nec/Tokin replacement as described in this post:

http://www.informaticanapoli.it/prob...nto-acer-8920/

Big thanx to astrosofia for his help.

Regards

Comment

Thanks a lot.

This fixed the issue in my case. (Mainboard SN: 6050A2184601-MB-A02)

Comment

Working...
                          X