Colby 32" TFTV3229 Power failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colby 32" TFTV3229 Power failure

I just recently picked this tv up for free and I am trying to figure out what the problem is with it. When you try to power it on you don't get any indication of power to the tv. the only thing is the slight noise tv's make when you initially plug them in any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Colby 32" TFTV3229 Power failure

Can we have a listing or picture of the labels along the connectors on the output of the PSU (cables go to main board (with video inputs), inverters, etc.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No problem. I'm pretty sure this is what your asking for.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, see the pin marked 5VSB.

Install board into chassis, everything connected.

Set up DMM on DC 20V, red probe in volts/ohm, black probe in COM.

Stick red probe into connector where 5VSB is (you will have to touch the metal ring around where the wire meets the connector.)

Black probe on chassis.

Tell us the reading.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Im getting a reading of 5.0v

Comment

That's a good reading. Test the "5V" and "12V" pins, and the "PS-ON" pin. However, if the main board is not telling PSU to switch on, we will see none of the 5V/12V voltages, other than the single 5VSB which is always on.

You see no standby light? Can we have picture of the AV board?

Comment

Yes i do not see any light coming from the front led. I also checked the other voltages and they are reading correctly
              Attached Files

Comment

I had this set back in the summer and it did exactly what yours is doing. At first the LED on the front would turn blue then go out. After several tries the LED stopped coming on. Voltages on the psu were all correct. I had to replace the main board and it fixed this tv. What panel is in this tv?

Comment

Here you go
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you recall if your tv had a cable connected to the four pin slot on the motherboard because when i opened my it did not have one connected and i cannot see one for it. could it possibly be used in manufacturing or for another model?

Comment

That's the same panel that was in my set. It was a royal pain finding a main board that used this panel. I think Coby uses several panels but if you would look on ebay for the board most of the sellers at the time didn't list the panel it came from. I would email them and ask. Naturally they didn't know or couldn't tell me since the rest of the tv was scrapped. Hopefully you'll get some good assistance here and be able to repair it without having to do a board swap.

Comment

i Found a board on Ebay but im a little worried about the red wire going across the board. Mine does not have it. it is the same model number could the wire be a possible fix?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Comment

That board is not the correct version for your TV. The one for your panel has a shield over the microprocessor area, about 2" x 3".

Comment

A wire like that indicates a manufacturing screw up that some poor guy in the factory had to work out and fix with the wire. It's called a mod wire or bodge wire.

Comment

Caution! This TV has a recall for a fire hazard.

From the US CPSC: "This recall involves black Coby 32-inch flat screen televisions with model number TFTV3229 and serial numbers beginning with LG and that have M07 or M10 in the 9th, 10th and 11th position of the serial number."

So if you chose not to scrap it and it has that serial number range, use extra scrutiny and look for components that appear to have run hot. You may have to do some minor reverse engineering to find out why it overheats, the CPSC is rather vague on what is overheating.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/...n-Televisions/

Comment

anyone know where I can get a power board for Coby tftv3229? I see a bunch on EBAY but the pictures don't look like mine. Part # is 40-pc3201-pwhixg .
                                UPC is pl100066gp113423637. Blew a diode @ D301 but I don't have equipment to see what else might be wrong.

Comment

Ok does anyone have pics of the inside of a fully functioning coby tftv3229. .. my unit powers on but does not allow u to change source, channels or adjust volume...upon opening it ive found a loose yellow wire and cannot figure out exactly where this belongs...anyone with pics of the insides of a fully functioning one would do me a great favor and u could even email the pics to peteypetey2002@Gmail. Com. ...thank u.

Comment

I also am looking for where these yellow wires connect to. i have 3 not connected from someone already trying to fix it.

Comment

In my just-opened 40" Coby the yellow wires with a metal lug at each end are ground leads. Each metal lug is secured by one of the screws that holds the boards into the TV.

Comment

Wow found it here. Thanks for posting. & yeap I check model I got serial number is way different than those recalled..

Comment

Working...
                                        X