Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba A300-1BU power issue (no Nec/TOKIN capacitor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba A300-1BU power issue (no Nec/TOKIN capacitor)

Hi everybody, I am Max and live in Italy.
    I ask your help to fix a defective TOSHIBA A300-1BU which turns off as soon as I start it using AC/DC adapter. I don't know whether it works well with battery because a friends of mine gifted notebook without this one.
    I've read many topics on this forum about Toshiba power issue (related to Nec/Tokin capacitor) but, unfortunatelly, this motherboard doesn't use this capacitor. I found schematic of motherboard here: "http://www.forcomp.cz/soubory/Toshiba-Satellite-A300.pdf".
    As you can see in the pictures I've attached here, there are five capacitors 330uF/2.5V (identified with letter from "A" to "E") involved in CPU power circuit control. I think to replace them with new one.

Do you think this will resolve my problem?

Thanks everybody in advance.
    max
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba A300-1BU power issue (no Nec/TOKIN capacitor)

Does it turns off so quickly, that don`t let you enter into bios?

Comment

Hi Francisco.s, thank you for your reply.
      Yes, I can enter the bios, I restored default settings too. The notebook shuts down suddenly within less 1 minute.

Comment

Check temperature of processor / GPU. It may overheating and automatically temp sensor sending informations to shuts down the system. Caps may be bad but if so I don't think you can even turn it on.
        Laptops and computers repair.

Comment

Originally posted by massimiliano1970 View Post
          Hi Francisco.s, thank you for your reply.
          Yes, I can enter the bios, I restored default settings too. The notebook shuts down suddenly within less 1 minute.
          We know more aspects about the problem.
          Does the fan start spinning?

Comment

Yes, Francisco, the fan starts normally but the notebook stops after 30/40 seconds.
            As gabik111 suggested me, i will check temperature of CPU/GPU.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem with my Toshiba A300.

I can charge the battery when pc is powered off.
              And I can start this pc normally with only the battery.

If I try to connect power DC, the A300 goes off after 2 seconds.

If I try to start the pc with power DC without battery, the pc seems to start but only loop without boot.

My pc only starts with battery and I cannot use its with power DC.

I try different DC power unit without nice results.

I can run Bios menu when start with battery: I tried all different configuration but without good results.

On motherboard I can't see any broken parts (fuses or caps).

Can someone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by ilprincipedeimostri View Post
                Hi, I have the same problem with my Toshiba A300.

I can charge the battery when pc is powered off.
                And I can start this pc normally with only the battery.

If I try to connect power DC, the A300 goes off after 2 seconds.

If I try to start the pc with power DC without battery, the pc seems to start but only loop without boot.

My pc only starts with battery and I cannot use its with power DC.

I try different DC power unit without nice results.

I can run Bios menu when start with battery: I tried all different configuration but without good results.

On motherboard I can't see any broken parts (fuses or caps).

Can someone help me?
                Some A200 owners used to disable the CPU drivers as a temporary fix.
                Can be found in Device Manager under Processors, in Safe Mode.
                It might give us a useful clue.

Comment

Originally posted by massimiliano1970 View Post
                  Hi everybody, I am Max and live in Italy.
                  I ask your help to fix a defective TOSHIBA A300-1BU which turns off as soon as I start it using AC/DC adapter. I don't know whether it works well with battery because a friends of mine gifted notebook without this one.
                  I've read many topics on this forum about Toshiba power issue (related to Nec/Tokin capacitor) but, unfortunatelly, this motherboard doesn't use this capacitor. I found schematic of motherboard here: "http://www.forcomp.cz/soubory/Toshiba-Satellite-A300.pdf".
                  As you can see in the pictures I've attached here, there are five capacitors 330uF/2.5V (identified with letter from "A" to "E") involved in CPU power circuit control. I think to replace them with new one.

Do you think this will resolve my problem?

Thanks everybody in advance.
                  max
                  try add the blank slot with 330 caps..feedback me what happen...'' low power on processor ''

Comment

I have the same problem with the A300-24z. Have anyone solved the problem?

Comment

I'd be very interested to find out if anyone has ever solved similar issues with these.

With the A200s/A300s/L300s/L350s and such which all have NEC Tokin issues, there are lots of people who have the same symptoms but no NEC Tokin.

Surely the problem must be in the same area?
                      Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

I have a toshiba A300 -146 , mainboard DABL5SMB6E0 REV E , wont start up, plug in adapter, the power led appers, if i plug batery appers that is charging, but when press power button , only with batery , or adapter wont start,

any ideea ?

Comment

What is the voltage on pins 3 and 4 of PQ7 when pressing power button?

Comment

Working...
                          X