CapXon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CapXon

I have been looking for the answer to fixing my DCLCD 19" Monitor. (Specter)?
    1. turn on the monitor and the red led comes on then turns blue.
    2. then the screen flashes a silver screen. the led flashes red then blue again and stays blue.
    3. however the screen goes black with no image at all and stays that way.
    4. Took the monitor apart and checked for any bad caps with bulging domes.
    5. found 2 they read CapXon 1000uf 16v KF 105 degrees C vent
    6. have nothing to test any parts with so am just looking
    7. pulled the 2 bulging caps off the board (power inverter)tried to replace them with 2 of equal value but they are larger then the ones pulled off the board.
    8. no luck at all so the question is even though the new caps are the same as the ones pulled of the board, just larger is some thing else the problem or is it the new caps?

Re: CapXon

Originally posted by lovestotinker
    I have been looking for the answer to fixing my DCLCD 19" Monitor. (Specter)?
    1. turn on the monitor and the red led comes on then turns blue.
    2. then the screen flashes a silver screen. the led flashes red then blue again and stays blue.
    3. however the screen goes black with no image at all and stays that way.
    4. Took the monitor apart and checked for any bad caps with bulging domes.
    5. found 2 they read CapXon 1000uf 16v KF 105 degrees C vent
    6. have nothing to test any parts with so am just looking
    7. pulled the 2 bulging caps off the board (power inverter)tried to replace them with 2 of equal value but they are larger then the ones pulled off the board.
    8. no luck at all so the question is even though the new caps are the same as the ones pulled of the board, just larger is some thing else the problem or is it the new caps?
    What did you use as replacement? (Brand/series).
    Pictures would help
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
      What did you use as replacement? (Brand/series).
      Pictures would help
      the new caps are ELNA CE 85 degree C
      here are the pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

the new caps are ELNA CE 85 degree C
        here are the pictures
        Better get the right parts. Read this FAQ.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill

PlainBill
          Agree.
          Low ESR (and 105c temp rating) are needed here. Without proper caps, you can't go further.
          Also, replace them all, not just the two bulged ones.
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Agree.
            Low ESR (and 105c temp rating) are needed here. Without proper caps, you can't go further.
            Also, replace them all, not just the two bulged ones.
            thank you so much for the info. Obviously I didn't buy the right caps, which both you and Bill point out. Ok What brand and where can I get the right caps? and please explane ESR.
            This is a project that I want to do myself so if it doesn't work then I have no one else to blame.

Comment

PlainBill
              Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I was afraid that I had gotten the wrong caps but it was cheap, quick and easy.

Comment

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I was afraid that I had gotten the wrong caps but it was cheap, quick and easy.
                Cheap, quick, and easy is good if you want a one night stand, but you probably wouldn't want to take her home to meet your parents. Also, buying caps from a distributor like Digikey or Mouser can save you $$$

Standard suggestion: Make a list of the electrolytic caps, showing capacity, voltage, diameter, and height. If you want to, follow the steps here. Or simply post the list. Someone will make suggestions (or verify yours).

PlainBill
                Last edited by PlainBill; 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM.
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Cheap, quick, and easy is good if you want a one night stand, but you probably wouldn't want to take her home to meet your parents.

Standard suggestion: Make a list of the electrolytic caps, showing capacity, voltage, diameter, and height......
                  Someone will make suggestions (or verify yours).
                  I can't agree more
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Am I going to have to buy 200 to get 2? List will come later when I get some more time
                    showing capacity, voltage, diameter, and height. If it aint on the cap then I have know Idea
                    Digi-Key - P12366-ND

Datasheets FM Series, Type A
                    Product Photos FM Series
                    Catalog Drawings FM Series Side, Bottom
                    Standard Package 200
                    Category Capacitors
                    Family Aluminum
                    Series FM
                    Capacitance 1000uF
                    Voltage Rating 16V
                    Tolerance ±20%
                    ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) -
                    Lifetime @ Temp. 5000 Hrs @ 105°C
                    Mounting Type Through Hole
                    Package / Case Radial
                    Size / Dimension 0.394" Dia x 0.787" H (10.00mm x 20.00mm)
                    Lead Spacing 0.197" (5.00mm)
                    Surface Mount Land Size -
                    Maximum Temperature -40°C ~ 105°C
                    Features General Purpose
                    Packaging Bulk
                    Catalog Page 1648 (US2010 Interactive)
                    1648 (US2010 PDF)
                    Other Names EEUFM1C102
                    P12366

Comment

you could buy them from here if you want to. that way you don't have to buy that many.
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Am I going to have to buy 200 to get 2? List will come later when I get some more time
                        showing capacity, voltage, diameter, and height. If it aint on the cap then I have know Idea
                        If you had paid attention you would have noticed the minimum order is 1, with price breaks for quantity 10,100, etc.

As far as the dimensions of the existing caps, there is this handy device called a RULER.

PlainBill

Comment

If you had paid attention you would have noticed the minimum order is 1, with price breaks for quantity 10,100, etc.

As far as the dimensions of the existing caps, there is this handy device called a RULER.

PlainBill
                          I figured that was coming. But at least I know for sure now I won't have to buy the STANDARD PACKAGE.
                          And As far as the ruler is concern I'll have get one with CM and MM. Haven't had to use one in a very long time. Its better to be safe then sorry.
                          ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) see I have learned something.

Comment

PlainBill
                            • Windows 10 Pro x64
                            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

And As far as the ruler is concern I'll have get one with CM and MM. Haven't had to use one in a very long time. Its better to be safe then sorry.
                              Just measure with whatever you have and then convert it:

1 inch = 2.54cm = 25.4mm.

Comment

I hope you guys are having a good time and I expected this too.the 2 that I pulled from the board measure 3/4" x 3/8" or 19.05mm x .375mm so now I'll see if I can find one that match.

Comment

I hope you guys are having a good time and I expected this too.the 2 that I pulled from the board measure 3/4" x 3/8" or 19.05mm x .375mm so now I'll see if I can find one that match.
                                  That's a mighty skinny cap. .

You forgot to multiply by 25.5 (=9.5mm).
                                  ________________________________________________

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
                                  Bright antennae bristle with the energy
                                  ________________________________________________

Comment

You won't have much luck finding a cap with those METRIC dimensions. Try looking for one 20MM high, 10 MM diameter. Remember, you need low ESR caps. See the FAQ 'Which caps should I buy?' in the FAQ subforum.

Yes, we are having fun. And we're going to have even more when you post "I fixed it!!"

PlainBill

Comment

Yes, we are having fun. And we're going to have even more when you post "I fixed it!!"

PlainBill
                                      Yeah, and that's when you will start having fun.
                                      • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                      • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Even though the replacement caps weren't low-ESR, it still should have most likely started running (for a while at least) if caps were the only problem. There's probably another problem besides the caps - but the caps still needed to be replaced anyway.
                                        Last edited by gdement; 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X