T2 Macbooks Power Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T2 Macbooks Power Issues

We have received a lot of Macbooks with power related issues lately. In most cases, the Macs doesn't power up but trackpad responds when pushed down.
    In every 10 Macs with this issue, 7 is A1990. This is worrisome and I'd like to know if anyone else have had this experience with T2 Macs and what measures do you usually take to solve the issue?

Re: T2 Macbooks Power Issues

Macs doesn't power up but trackpad responds when pushed down.
    Huh? Is the original power adapter being used ? What does the USB Type C meter report on voltage and current draw for such cases ?

How can the trackpad respond if there is no power ?

Comment

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
      We have received a lot of Macbooks with power related issues lately. In most cases, the Macs doesn't power up but trackpad responds when pushed down.
      In every 10 Macs with this issue, 7 is A1990. This is worrisome and I'd like to know if anyone else have had this experience with T2 Macs and what measures do you usually take to solve the issue?
      7 A1990? Sounds like it could be battery issues. Have you tested it with a USB C meter and see what readings you get? What is the voltage at? 20V? Amps? if you are getting volts but no screen and no chime, possibly seeming Amps going up to 1.00 or higher? If so I would try a REVIVE in DFU mode. Sadly if you do this and you are attempting an unlock you may force yourself not being able to unlock them. HOWEVER, if this is the case at least one can be the test and you know it may be a battery issue. I know in some cases I would have the same issue with A1990 or A2141 macs and a revive brought the computer to life but it needed a new battery.
      sigpic
      MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Corrupted T2 firmware likely the cause of several of them. Revive/Restore/etc via Apple Configurator.

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
          Corrupted T2 firmware likely the cause of several of them. Revive/Restore/etc via Apple Configurator.
          Careful now, doing a restore would force the new iBridge on these Macs and forcing him with working USELESS Macs because of Activation lock (until a new jailbreak is released). He would need to honestly do a revive first and not restore. Most likely corrupted T2 and needs AC2 however in most cases it usually was a bad battery for me. So replacing the battery could solve some issues but not guaranteed. I would do a revive to be safe so you possibly could get into the computer and use the internal OS for a wipe if the user does not have their iCloud locked in.
          sigpic
          MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            Huh? Is the original power adapter being used ? What does the USB Type C meter report on voltage and current draw for such cases ?

How can the trackpad respond if there is no power ?
            The charger is 100% original.
            I have done these steps and none works:
            -Revive and restore in dfu
            -replacement of battery

It seems you haven't seen this issue before?

Comment

My experience with A1990 (820-01041-A) is most likely the ssd short to ground so check if you get 2.5v - 2.7v on L9080

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                My experience with A1990 (820-01041-A) is most likely the ssd short to ground so check if you get 2.5v - 2.7v on L9080
                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X