Trying to renew my old computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to renew my old computer

with a programmer - cant say more unless i see the chip.

Comment

Some boards have a way to do BIOS recovery, try a Google search for this for example: Intel desktop DH67CF BIOS recovery
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
        Some boards have a way to do BIOS recovery, try a Google search for this for example: Intel desktop DH67CF BIOS recovery
        Have read around but it seems to be quite cumbersome and not safe now I'm talking about direct programming to chips therefore this motherboard does not respond to usb, hdmi or or speakers not even for the start button now it starts with a bridge

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          with a programmer - cant say more unless i see the chip.
          The BIOS chip seems to be a Macronix MX25L3206EM2I-12G have read on Community Intel.com

Comment

Hi all thanks for your advice the problem is solved it was apparently a corrupt HD that caused all the misery now with another HD everything works so once again thank you so much

Comment

harddrive?
              SATA right?
              i'v seen that before but never understood how a fucked drive could stop the board booting.
              but i didnt think you where testing with a drive, just cpu, ram and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                harddrive?
                SATA right?
                i'v seen that before but never understood how a fucked drive could stop the board booting.
                but i didnt think you where testing with a drive, just cpu, ram and graphics.
                I had everything in place all the time but I still do not understand how it can be so with the other motherboards it usually starts right away.not this time

Comment

That's why you have to strip it down to bare minimum parts before looking at BIOS etc.

Other bad devices always have the chance to cause problems.
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                    I have started led lights, fan working but nothing on screen also no usb that responds the black ones I do not have the other usb yet, no sound either, do not know what to do next. .
                    You wrote about corrupt Bios that may need to be reprogrammed how to do it ?
                    That's a known symptom of a dead CPU or a socket problem.

If the BIOS got corrupted, then it's very likely that the BIOS chip is faulty.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Do you have a known good board you could put the other components in to test? Hard to know if the problem is the board or something else. I have gotten similar results (lights and fan but nothing else) with bad RAM chips and bad capacitors near the RAM bank.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerB View Post
                        Do you have a known good board you could put the other components in to test? Hard to know if the problem is the board or something else.
                        I think O/P got the problem solved - issue was corrupt HDD... or at least according to post #25.

Comment

Working...
                        X