laptop screen pull glue strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop screen pull glue strips

can someone tell me where to buy replacement laptop screen pull to remove glue strips or even the official name? I cant find them anywhere, I have used double sided tape but thats a pain to remove sometimes if the screen goes faulty and needs to be RMAd

Re: laptop screen pull glue strips

Hi. Try "LCD tape". It is common for mobile screen repair. You can buy complete tape kits for macbook, ipad and imac markets on AliExpress.

Comment

Hi the official name is bond and attach from tesa.

https://www.tesa.com/en/industry/tes...nd-detach.html

https://www.mobilesentrix.com/tesa-6...25m-white-tape

Comment

I managed to get some Tesa bond and detach (product number was 70465) from adhesives.com.au about 18 months ago. They custom cut a few rolls to the widths I wanted (6mm and 10mm). Cost me about $50 a roll if I recall. But considering Lenovo charge $50 for one pair of replacement adhesive strips for their flex series I thought it was worth it. It's slightly thicker than I'd like but works fine for all the screens I've done. It's particularly strong.

Unfortunately, they didn't restock it when they ran out. But I'm sure you could find other adhesive places that would stock it and do some custom widths.

If you are going to do this professionally, spend the money on the right tapes, as you might need to replace a hinge later on down the track on the same assembly. With some displays now going over $300 you'll live to regret it if you bodge it. Had one guy use VHB tape from Bunnings on one Flex 5 I worked on. I ended up rejecting the job after I spent nearly an hour trying to get the screen out and the lid screen retaining clips had also been broken off by the previous repairer.
        Last edited by reformatt; 06-30-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

ok, thank you all for your feedback!

Comment

I've used the "Command" picture hanging strips on a Dell laptop. They are short but I used one at the top and one at the bottom on each side. This will allow that screen to be removed in the future if necessary.

Comment

I use thin double sided tape left/right top and bottom corners instead of applying on whole strips.

Comment

Working...
              X