Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55" TV Model 55LF650T

Hi Guys, Seasons greetings!
    I have this tv whose backlights were replaced and when i had closed the tv and switched it on to test it I noticed that the image was not right.
    The picture has the colors in all the wrong places. like the face of the individual could be orange and purple is visible where it might be green. There are pixels also all over the image that look like snowy dots.
    All I did was remove all the LVDS cables to strip the tv and reinsert them. I have cleaned the ribbons and still i have this issue. The symptom looks a lot like when you change the service mode setting for the installed panel or when you change from 8 bit to 10 bit data word in service mode.
    I checked the cables for damage especially on the end where the contacts are and they are looking good.
    Since i don't have a picture to show you right now I want to explain the layout of the tv.
    From the main board there is a single flex cable going to the TCON, from the tcon there are two short flex cables that connect to the bottom of the panel. I have cleaned these flex contacts with benzene.
    Any suggestions regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Re: LG 55" TV Model 55LF650T

This image is not as severe as when the image is solarised. The effect is not as visible.

Comment

Just for clarity, the on screen display together with the input signal is affected. I ahave selected the RF input.

Comment

1. Please feed to TV gradient patterns, white/red/green/blue and post pictures here.
        https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/ for example

2. Measure gamma voltages on T-con

Comment

Are the 2 lvds cables identical? Some can't be switched.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

It turns out that the LVDS cable going from the main board to the TCON is the culprit. I touched it and it came right. I could not see what was causing the problem. I hope it stays fine.

Comment

Working...
            X