I need to make a fan controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need to make a fan controller.

There are several different types and not all may potentially be an issue when used the way you did, and I think in a lot of cases you may not get a problem because the resistance of them is very high, but it's still probably not a good idea.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      There are several different types and not all may potentially be an issue when used the way you did, and I think in a lot of cases you may not get a problem because the resistance of them is very high, but it's still probably not a good idea.
      So if I'm commando'ing one of my motherboards what do I set it on? wood? cardboard?

Comment

On the cardboard box, or on the layer of foam the board comes in.

As for your device, some simple mcguyver idea that comes to mind is one or two plastic dvd cases.. drill some holes that fill the holes of that breadboard and you're golden. I guess a thin plywood would also work.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
          On the cardboard box, or on the layer of foam the board comes in.
          Watch out with that though, some of that foam can be conductive too...
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
            So if I'm commando'ing one of my motherboards what do I set it on? wood? cardboard?
            put down a few layers of packing tape or generic gray duct tape onto the mounting surface and set it on that... for tiny boards, electrical tape works too (I did that for a custom board I put in a case once...)
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
            X