Lenovo ideapad 130 15ikb can not install windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ideapad 130 15ikb can not install windows 10

I have lenovo ideapad 130 15ikb with i7 8550U and has no dedicated graphics card, there is an strange issue
    The problem is it impossible to install windows 10 (I did not try to install windows 7)

The actual problem is , win 10 setup starts well and after finished copying necessary files (%100) and request an restart, then 2 nd part of setup is not working and it gives an BSOD (Blue screen) says that CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and setup doesn't continue.

What I did:
    1-Laptop boots normal, bios accessible, no bogus screen, everything seems working normal
    2-I services the cooling system (clean fan replaced thermal paste with good quality) and it has no cpu overheating issue
    3-I checked the hard drive , full scanned the surface by connecting to another computer it has no even a tiny bad sector , and disk is healthy and it's %100 so it's not and hard disk issue
    4-I checked the Rams with MemTest86+ and it has no errors (the computer boots normal and on DOS there is no problem only unable to install windows 10
    5-I used different USB 's port and flash disk try to install both UEFI , and Leagency but both same , gives BSOD as CRITICAL PROCESS DIED after copying installation files

What might be the problem?? I think its motherboard issue ?? Or its bios ?? , please help , I am going to mad 😀😃😁

Re: Lenovo ideapad 130 15ikb can not install windows 10

Update:
    Also I am sending the bios Ss and windows error after blue screen , windows even not run first time

Also I am sending the motherboard pictures

Also I realized that, when windows freezes motherboard is cool, but when running in dos or bios there are 4 mosfets and 2 capacitors that extremely getting hot , while working, even you can not touch them 2 sec.
    Is that normal ?? , I think it's about cpu power supply and core voltages, I don't have schematic
    Attached Files

Comment

Last update

On the picture that I marked with red colour 4 mosfets and 2 capacitors gets extremely hot , when working in dos or bios screen, but when loading windows hangs with error, the components are cool , not hot , at the same time on the picture , the 2 mosfets and 1 capacitor is warm (not hot) which I marked with yellow colour on the picture

So the problems may related about this ?? Need I replace the 4 mosfets and 2 smd capacitors??

Anyone has the same or similar issues about this motherboard or other brand ??

Please if have any idea it will very helpful, also do I need to upgrade the bios ?? Can be an bios issue instead of mosfets or capacitors??
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi
        How many rams do you have on your mainboard?
        if you have more than 1 test it just with main's ram
        Last edited by Moammad; 06-07-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moammad View Post
          Hi
          How many rams do you have on your mainboard?
          if you have more than 1 test it just with main's ram
          Hi my friend, thanks for your advise and help, there is 1 ram slot on the laptop, actually there is 2 but 1 is onboard module 4 gb with motherboard and the other is 4 GB with an removable slot , in total is 8 GB ddr4 , I test it with removed extra ram module, and with attached as well, both tests were passed without any error with memtest86+ , it's not related an ram issue

Comment

Update, windows 7 is Also no possible to install, so i fresh install an copy of windows 7 on other computer and put the hard drive to this laptop, when windows runs (even drivers were not installed) the laptop is going to be crashing, and gives so many address violations errors on applications also windows 7 gives strange error like this computer processor is not designed to run windows ������ but lts an l7 8550U ������ but when I restart windows 7 on safe mode there is no any error but internal mouse pad is not working, on safe mode ������ very strange problems ������ no way to install os like windows 7 ,8 and 10

Comment

Originally posted by meraklinetx View Post
              Update, windows 7 is Also no possible to install, so i fresh install an copy of windows 7 on other computer and put the hard drive to this laptop, when windows runs (even drivers were not installed) the laptop is going to be crashing, and gives so many address violations errors on applications also windows 7 gives strange error like this computer processor is not designed to run windows ������ but lts an l7 8550U ������ but when I restart windows 7 on safe mode there is no any error but internal mouse pad is not working, on safe mode ������ very strange problems ������ no way to install os like windows 7 ,8 and 10
              Try installing linux mint and see what happens.

Did you take the motherboard out of the laptop and check for water damage on the other side?
              Last edited by Abu Ali; 06-12-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Ali View Post
                Try installing linux mint and see what happens.

Did you take the motherboard out of the laptop and check for water damage on the other side?
                No water damage, also i try install win 7 and same, also i noticed that first coil has no voltage on cpu ,which i mark them on yellow, has no voltage, the rest is ok but,

Comment

Update:
                  The problem still continues, but what I realised that, when system is working PLZ1 , and PLZ2 coils, generates an 1.2V but they are becoming very very hot (also 4 mosfets that connected to these coils are getting very hot), with in minutes, also During this time, I realized that the first mosfet (19V main first mosfet come from main DC jack) also gets hot) seems that over current issues, but system seems working normal, only you can not install windows, blue screens randomly and many random address errors are occurring, but windows is seems working properly under safe mode only.

So what I did;
                  I just connect an external bench psu , to PLZ1 and PLZ2, coils by adjusting voltage to 1.2V to see what's happens and the current drawn and shows that it draws 2.52A on 1.2V (this is crazy) and are this normal for an i7 8550U CPU ?? ,I think it's not, and what is interesting that on 2.52A Something must become very hot (short circuit) but no any heating components even the CPU is getting a few warm (not hot) after 5 min injection 1.2V with 2.52A but not getting hot

Also I couldn't find motherboard schematic, the board is LA-G202P see the picture

PLEASE help me , any idea ?? Is it an damaged CPU ?? reflowing can help ?? Any advise?? What to do ??
                  Attached Files

Comment

i have some strange experience like this.
                    For me : disable any virtualitation on bios setting, if there is DPTF setting on your bios setting, disable that. some new model have issue with DPTF win 10 driver that make throtling.

sorry for my bad english

Comment

Working...
                    X