Dell Latitude E5580

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude E5580

I have 2 Dell Latitude E5580. 1 is working perfectly fine but the other one isn't booting. The power light comes on and after a while it goes off and wont turn on again until I unplug the power cord.

Now I was thinking that it must be BIOS issue, what is your thought about it? Should I get the BIOS from the working laptop and try to flash the other one with it?

Re: Dell Latitude E5580

Dissemble the laptop remove the internal battery remove the bios battery take off the memory,Press the power button for 10 seconds put back everything and check again

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
      Dissemble the laptop remove the internal battery remove the bios battery take off the memory,Press the power button for 10 seconds put back everything and check again
      I did that already but resetting the bios didn't work

Comment

now you have to come up with voltage measurements +19v +5V &+3V & bord ID

Comment

Check resistors near BQ chip (charger IC). You will find it on the schematic board. Most Dell's are all alike.
          If resistor goes bad the IC cannot boot up. In the schematic you will find power sequence. Its is important - the charger IC is one of the first in this sequence.

Also, keep in mind that charged-id pin rail can be broken too. Measure if you get any charger id at all (above 3 volts)

Comment

I am as far as getting a BIOS error indicator light.
            3 3 BIOS recovery 1 Recovery image not found

Dell states that it's possible to recover from USB but I get a black screen only. Is it possible to reprogram the chip with a new BIOS? It has 2 chips

Comment

Working...
            X