Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorted motherboard? ASUS K53SD

Hello again and I hope you are all well

A board that I rescue and that I am now taking up has a problem which does one thing with a board and another without a board, I explain

Board consumption with 200mA processor (board only) only the LEDs turn on and the board does nothing

No processor in place; board that has all its voltages (3, 5, 1.2 V Etc) the LEDs (battery, wifi, etc) flashing every 7 seconds and correct power on voltage

With processor in place; it has all its voltages except vcore, in which I inject 1V and it gives me about 700mA the processor heats up a little, the board does not turn on

These are the checks carried out on this motherboard in which I have come to the conclusion that it may be the processor which has the graphics integrated in it

I do not have another to check it but before buying one I would like your opinion as always

Attached image of the board and place where I have no voltage when I connect the processor, The picture is another board taken from the internet but it is the same as mine, I hope it does not matter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JUAN MANUEL; 06-14-2020, 04:40 PM.

Re: Shorted motherboard? ASUS K53SD

It is possible that the CPU_VCore power circuit be defective. you mist check that circuit. Usually the CPU does not need replacement.

Comment

Thanks Caspian for your interest in my problem and hello everyone

I have cleaned the socket of the processor and possibly it would be dirty, but now I HAVE vcore with the processor on, the processor heats up as normal and the LEDs are already fixed without flickering as they did before
      But the fan doesn't work
      When I connect the 19V (with regulated source) it gives me 150mAh without giving the power on, that is to say that the power on does nothing, the 3V reaches all the bios memory and all the voltages OK
      Something happens to me and I don't know what it is

I already programmed the Bios in its day and I don't know if to do it again
      The KBC also has its tensions, the VGFX signal I am not very up to date on this signal although I know it is very important, I will measure it however and I will tell you

Right now I don't have an oscilloscope, I'm waiting for it

Comment

look for a missing voltage.

Comment

" 150mAh without giving the power on" -- something is wrong. The boardshoul'nt consume more then 20-25 mA. Check carefully something might be heating up slowly or you may have leaking VS voltage. Check for voltage on all coils in standby mode.

Comment

Working...
          X