Acer Aspire E1-571 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer Aspire E1-571 no power

After cleaning mosfet area with ethanol i managed to power it up, and for now everything seems OK. It works OK with AC only and with battery power. It charges battery. Tomorrow i'll put all components together and try to boot to check if everything else is OK. Thank you for help.

Comment

Originally posted by sandrabrnelic View Post
      Hi !

I have problem with Acer E1 - 531. It has Q5WVH LA-7912P motherboard. First problem was AC adapter died and it's replaced under waranty. Several months later motherboard died but warranty terminated just before that

I have found PQ10 shorted. It's AO4466L. I have tried to put FDS6294 instead of it. After change i powered it up on AC without battery. It was working for about 15-20 seconds and died again. Something else must be wrong now, because PQ10 seems OK. On PU4 (BQ24725) Vcc is OK, ACDET is OK (cca 2.5V stable), REGN is OK (6V stable) but ACOK is going up and down and B+ (P2) are rising and falling in same way. What can i try next ? I need help ...
      It might be leakage on the B+ rail. The circuitry on page 45 attempts to apply the 19v to B+ via some resistors. If the B+ voltage stays too low, ACDET is kept low via Pre_CHG

Comment

i have also mb la-7912p but i dont have picture . i don/t have +lcd vdd on jllvds1 .i check q28/q1and q2 and i think its ok but nothing . Do you have a solution . p.s also on the extern out nothing

Comment

When I working with my acer laptop it suddenly turn off.. I've tested the power adapter and battery those are perfectly working. I did disassembled it .
          I test the N channel ,mosfet volt, PQ9 (4466) Drain volt is 19V but no source volt, PQ 10, 11 has no voltage. I test those mosfet with multimeter but those are ok.. what is the [roblem plz help

Comment

Where is the CMOS chip or EEPROM located or its component designation for the Motherboard Model Q5WVH LA-7912P Rev. 1.0?

This MB can be found in a Gateway Laptop NE56R31u or Acer Aspire equivalent model.

Comment

Hello, I'm new on the forum but my friend has the same problem! i am wondering first whats the polarity of the power jack, to make sure the polarity (if has been inverted) may have blown something up. I don't have the +19 mentionned at PU4, nor something above +0.1v. thank you in advance

Comment

hello,i have problem on Acer E1-571 i can't find where's the issue.please help me with this

01. power indicator led on.after ac adapter connect.
                02. when power button pushed,led off & no power up the unit.
                03. no components heat.
                04. voltage readings
                V in 19V
                +5V is rising & falling
                +3V is rising & falling
                05. if battery connect charging led on for few seconds then turn off

Comment

maybe you should also check EN (13) and VIN (16) of RT8205 if it is also fluctuating page 48 of schematic.

Comment

thanks lezsimply,
                    i checked same issue found in there.

help need

Comment

then you should check your B+ rail. check PR41 all the way to PQ10. what voltage on PL3. page 47

Comment

HI
                        i have acer aspire E1-571-Q5WVH LA-7912P main board using. problem few seconds only powering on after goess off basic volt done ( 3.3-v, 5.v) but not geting bios volt

Comment

try reprogram bios chip. also check power button if voltage present. check for heating components.

Comment

Hi, I have the same laptop/motherboard as above, with no lights showing when AC is connected. I believe the battery is also depleted and have no way to charge it to test from battery power.

Thank you for the circuit diagrams these are very useful! After some testing with a meter it seems I have 19v going to PQ9 Drain, but no voltage at Source OR Gate - should I be seeing 19v at Gate?

If so, am I right in thinking that capacitor PC25 would be the fault? Best way to test this?

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                              maybe you should also check EN (13) and VIN (16) of RT8205 if it is also fluctuating page 48 of schematic.
                              same as here..
                              they are also fluctuating.
                              where's the issue,

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                                Could be a shorted MOSFET near the coils.

Anyway, here's the schematic that is closest to what you are looking for.
                                Hi,

My Aspire E1-510P-2822 also no power indicator. Can you also provide me an schematic diagram

Thank you

Comment

Hi, I also have a V3 Series Laptop V3-571 NO power, I have all read the post in here and would like to know if can I replace the mosfet 4466 with other mosfet since I don't have same kind mosfet. Could I replace it with 4407, hope you can give me the answer, Thank you in advance

Comment

Hey Guys,
                                    I am also working on an Acer E1 531 with the same board as above. No power whatsoever but I do get 19 v to the 4 pin connector labeled PJP1. I'm getting ready to test the individual components of the DC In and charging circuit and realized I don't know what outputs I'm looking for once I get past the first few capacitors and the one inductor. Once i'm into the charging circuit and things get ugly for me. Limitations of my knowledge really start shining. What kind of voltage should I expect once I get through the 4 parallel resistors? lol I know newb right. Here I am with pen and paper ready to rock out a power formula ( P=V2/R) . Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Just an update on my findings, hope I'm not being a nuisance here.
                                      P09 = 19 V on one side and 0 going out
                                      P010 = .05 V one side and 0 going out
                                      P08 = 19 V one side 0 on the other
                                      PL1 =19 V both sides
                                      PR41= .05 both sides
                                      PD1 has -5.25 going in and out it fluctuates quickly from 0 all the way up to -4.45
                                      PQ1 = 0.05 v going in and 2.03 v and 4.46 going out

To me this means I should be replacing P09 and P010 and possibly p08 resistor.
                                      I realize I'm prob not listing these numbers in the proper way and that my ignorance is legendary but any help is greatly appreciated, thx in advance.

Comment

thanx for thus useful post and comments....Im going through the very same problem of thus acer model not charging, but I havent tried these solutions yet.

can anyone help me out with hp pavilion tx2032la, the board is DAOTTSMB8CO
                                        REV : C

thanx in advance for ur help!

Comment

thanx for this useful post and comments....Im going through the very same problem of this acer model not charging, but I havent tried these solutions yet.
                                          and also,
                                          can anyone help me out with hp pavilion tx2032la schematic, the board is DAOTTSMB8CO
                                          REV : C

thanx in advance for ur help!

Comment

Working...
                                          X