need a cap expert to identify unknown caps on Asus Strix card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a cap expert to identify unknown caps on Asus Strix card

Strix series is suppose to be good quality so I got curious about the caps on one of the cards (a pascal card)

https://i.ibb.co/rvtV8vP/cap.jpg

what are caps on that Strix card?

looks like there's 2 brands and the ones on the left are lower quality (cause no logo) so my question's especially about the ones on the left: what brand?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 01-27-2019, 02:51 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Re: need a cap expert to identify unknown caps on Asus Strix card

welp...looks like I got even the cap experts stumped (feels good in a way ^^ though I wish I were wrong tbh)

Comment

I think they are Chemicon capacitors. Top quality!

No logo on the smaller capacitors due to space restrictions. Larger capacitors have what should be a square/shield logo.

Comment

so the ones on the right with then trapezius are jap caps? good to know

but what about the ones on the left? regardless of size manufacturers are required to put some sort of identifier no? (else how's it possible to tell who made them?)

Comment

The left hand capacitors are also Chemicon brand.

Logos are not always printed on capacitors (due to space limitations).

Comment

ok you seem confident about this so I've another question HOW TF are you able to tell the brand without even a logo? *_*

Comment

By comparing the capacitor printed data and color of printed data to capacitor manufacturer capacitor data sheets.

Comment

wait so you've an online database?

what's the link? could be useful & save time in the future

Comment

Sort of.

Here is the link for a site (mostly in Japanese) which lists and shows capacitor information for many electrolytic and polymer capacitor manufacturers. Site hasn't been updated in awhile, but is a starting point.

Also, many capacitor manufacturers have websites which have data on their capacitors. It is there where final identification of capacitors is usually made.

I use Google to search for capacitor manufacturers and to search for capacitor data.

Comment

Originally posted by brispuss View Post
                    Sort of.

Here
                    oi that's the one I tried (saw that link on jonnyguru website long ago) but the united chemicon caps have different colour the ones on my pic are grey hence why I asked how you came to the conclusion they're still chemicon?

Comment

Either the photo of the capacitors is showing colors of components lighter in tone, and/or the black color (of Chemicon labeled capacitors) has worn away over time.

The logo is one (strong) hint of manufacturer.

The color is another hint (grey labeled polymer capacitors do not exist as far as I know), and it was assumed the "grey" color as shown in the photo is/was actually black.

The layout of capacitor data printing on the capacitor also varies between manufacturers. This is another hint.

And the type and amount of data printed on the capacitors is the final hint. Some manufacturers provide more data than others.

Comment

They might be custom parts with different print colors. Some motherboard manufacturers do that.

Comment

wait so it's still not certain the ones on the left are chemicon (or even japanese made)?

I know Asus doesn't adversie "100% jap caps" on the product page so I guess they're free to put what they choose but it'd suck if those were cheap caps (strix is suppose to be quality)

Comment

Left hand capacitors are Chemicom "PXJ" series. As indicated by the printed "J", and printed data and data layout matches the Chemicon PXJ series capacitors.

Comment

ain't there a whole legal aspect though

I mean without a logo ... can't any other manufacturer just make a cap with the exact same color & printed data (they don't even have to make it a real solid just an electrolytic with cap on top) at least there be nothing illegal about it right?

Comment

Originally posted by CapPun View Post
                                ain't there a whole legal aspect though

I mean without a logo ... can't any other manufacturer just make a cap with the exact same color & printed data (they don't even have to make it a real solid just an electrolytic with cap on top) at least there be nothing illegal about it right?
                                Because we all have the press and belt assembly down stairs to make a batch of 100k fake capacitors.
                                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
                                  Because we all have the press and belt assembly down stairs to make a batch of 100k fake capacitors.
                                  wait one you're an electronics manufacturing corporation? what's the brand? you based in China? details plz -_-

Comment

Originally posted by CapPun View Post
                                    wait one you're an electronics manufacturing corporation? what's the brand? you based in China? details plz -_-
                                    Nihoma
                                    Attached Files
                                    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

lol

if the east gave a fuck about other people's laws, they wouldnt allow this type of shit!
                                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1865...838664482.html

then again, as long as they keep getting accused of ripping off the u.s. - that would have nothing if it had not ripped off germany in the first place, they have no reason to care!

Comment

Working...
                                      X