Acer 8943g shorted motherboard with LVDS connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 8943g shorted motherboard with LVDS connector

Hello , so i forgot that my laptop had a battery in it ... and plugged in the lvds connector to the display, yes i know stupid , and then i smelled something burning , so when i started up the laptop i had a white screen , and after that not even a white screen anymore , it is black , no backlight and also no image , the vga port works fine , the laptop boots .
    I tried with a flashlight to see if there is image ,but no image.

There was a small smd on the motherboard marked as : L43 , it was burned i changed it , but i still dont have any image , only on vga.

And no the motherboard has no fuses near the Lvds, so maybe someone has a better ideea ?

I have some images of the board and what i changed .
    Thankyou !
    Attached Files

Re: Acer 8943g shorted motherboard with LVDS connector

Nobody any ideea ?

Comment

Make sure that your problem is NOT on LVDS cable or LED panel.change them and see if your issue is gone

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
        Make sure that your problem is NOT on LVDS cable or LED panel.change them and see if your issue is gone
        Thanks for replying , ive checked the lvds , its okay, but i managed to find an acer 15.6 inch display with same 40 pin connector and gues what , the display turned on perfectly , so now i know the motherboard is okay , lvds ok , all compoennts okay ,except the display

The display board failed on the display , but again i dont see anything burnd or suspicious , so i think there is a short somewhere and cuts off the whole display , so it wont turn on , i see some test points on the displays board :

LED_PWM
        LED_EN
        EE_VDD
        SC
        SD
        GND1
        N-WE

Maybe someone repaird laptop display boards and can lead me further ?

Comment

Ok so after a better examination i have found the problem ( posible problem ) , found a burned resistor , but the problem is i cannot see the value of it , i cannot read the middle of what it says on the resistor , only the left and right side but not the middle , ive made a picture .

It writes E E , left and right side , but cannot determin on middle , now what should i do ?
          Attached Files

Comment

Look where the resistor is connected to. Zoomed out picture might be helpful. The planes that the resistor is connected to seem big, also there is a conductive tape on one of the planes, usually these are put on GND planes.
            Might be 3R3 resistor acting as current limiter.
            Not sure - so do not act on this suggestion.

Comment

Perfect , you can easy guess the resistor value , any 15.6 inch display / 40 pin connector can give you an idea .

Comment

Ok i managed to change the resistor , the display still wont start , ive managed check an IC marked as : S24C02 , its a 2Wire serial eeprom , donno why but its verry hot , and its shorted to ground ...
                I think i am going to remove that and check if it works maybe without , but i dont think so ...

Comment

The S24C02 is the EDID eeprom. You`ll need to program a new chip. What part number is the panel ,post a picture.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The model number is N184H6 - L02 Rev.C1 , posted picture .
                    So basically i need to order a new chip and reprogram - it ?
                    If yes i have only 1 programmer , TL866 , need to check if it supports this chip ...
                    Or are there any other ways to program this ? Maybe using paralel port or serial port ?
                    And where can i get firmware for this ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I posted the bin in the LCD EDID dump thread, post #42 . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=957055
                      If you don`t have an adapter for the tl866 you could use an old lvds cable to flash it (post #6). Any 24C02 chip will do from an old panel, RAM ,HDD,scrap pcb .
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Wow thanks for the quick reply , i will try to find a good chip , hopefully today !

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          I posted the bin in the LCD EDID dump thread, post #42 . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=957055
                          If you don`t have an adapter for the tl866 you could use an old lvds cable to flash it (post #6). Any 24C02 chip will do from an old panel, RAM ,HDD,scrap pcb .
                          Ok so i managed to program the new ic with the file you provided, the display turns on but its only white .
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok what i found just now that there is another ic that is getting verry verry hot , the writing on the ic is : CW=BJ 12R , i cannot find anything about this ic , what is this and where can i get one ?
                            Posted picture of the ic .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Its a Richtek RT9921CGQV .https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...a0e8cd0c26.pdf

Comment

I found a similar chip , posted picture , is that the same thing is it okay to change it ?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Nevermind that is an LED driver i think ...

Comment

I will have to order it from china , it will take like 2 months because i dont have one , on this N184H6 display , there is another ic , it is not hot or anything , but im afraid if i order the RT9921 and change it , maybe this other ic will be hot to and i want to order that also because i dont want surprises , so on the other ic it writes DW=BK W16 , what ic is this ?

Attached a picture
                                    Attached Files

Comment

It could be a Richtek RT8562BGQW DW=xx

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-RT8562...-/401680959547

EDIT: Datasheet https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...f12a8d7aee.pdf
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-24-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

It could be a Richtek RT8562BGQW DW=xx

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-RT8562...-/401680959547
                                        You have been verry helpfull , thankyou ! , and about that 2 ic-s that i need , are those available only in display's or can you find them maybe on laptop motherboards or something ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X