Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

thanks for the infos,I wonder if these smd's are available here in the philippines.hope any one in the ph can help where to buy these smd's.

Comment

I love this forum, I was just about rip open a dead PS3 for the NEC cap, but I'll just use your method ablacon64. Thanks again.

Comment

i did this same way , my laptops working perfect . am Laptop service technician from india

Comment

This method works like magic, I am a repairer from Ghana and i have had most of these problems with toshiba laptops coming to my shop for the same promblem first I sent them away but since I registered at this forum i am able to do them now

Comment

How many different Toshiba models does this affect?

Comment

@ablacon64... WOW,your board looks clean and like professional finish! From where you salvage those caps?I really need that caps to recap my customer's satellite L300.
              Thanks for your post/photo.

Comment

i have toshiba m200 series with the same problem can i also do the same thing like you did in A300 series??

Comment

al5911 I've bought those caps on a local electronics store.

raizenn27, you should check if there's a Tokin capacitor in there and that it's damaged. I may work for you too.

Comment

ablacon64 yeah there is tokin capacitor but its not oe907..,it was oe128 which is 1200uf ..,do you think it may work also??thanks for the reply..,

Comment

@ablacon64, thanks for replying.

I have this Satellite L200 (my friends lappy) with no power at all. Checked power adapter, the voltage is 19V.
                      Checked power jack and connector to the mobo, all ok. No sign of burnt component on the board.

Anyone know anything about this problem on L200? Is it the NEC/Tokin caps fault?

I already disassembled the lappy 100%... any help guys? TIA .

Comment

Originally posted by al5911 View Post
                        Anyone know anything about this problem on L200? Is it the NEC/Tokin caps fault?
                        No, it's not. In that case it's better if you open another topic to keep the forum organized. This may be a problem with the primary power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by raizenn27 View Post
                          ablacon64 yeah there is tokin capacitor but its not oe907..,it was oe128 which is 1200uf ..,do you think it may work also??thanks for the reply..,
                          Yes, you can try. If the symptoms are the same (freeze or restarts when connecting power supply)

Comment

Originally posted by ablacon64 View Post
                            No, it's not. In that case it's better if you open another topic to keep the forum organized. This may be a problem with the primary power supply.
                            YEP. Thanks anyway. Power supply checked and seems ok. Nah, maybe the mobo just dead.

Comment

actually i got a toshiba satellite m200 also have the same problem, the laptop can't power up using AC adaptor. so i send for repair i found that the service man just flash the bios to 1.80 the problem sloved, pls note that mine is satellite m200. i didn't remove the keyboard to see the capactor because i still have 30days warranty.

Comment

YEP. Thanks anyway. Power supply checked and seems ok. Nah, maybe the mobo just dead.
                                I meant motherboard primary power supply (3 and 5v - buck converter).

Comment

@lhock98... yeah, how nice if my battery still fully charge so I can try update the BIOS.
                                  Thanks for the info mate.

@ablacon64... What is that? Sorry I'm not a qualified electronic technician. Just love to repair my stuff for satisfaction.

Comment

try this method....

1)check your motherboard model and download the BIOS from toshiba site make sure download the correct image file, do this at your own risk. when flashing BIOS must be done in DOS real mode.
                                    2)remove the memory from the slot
                                    3)just install 1 stick of memory back to slot in case you have 2 pcs of memory
                                    4)power up the laptop using the AC adaptor, sometimes it can work depend on your luck.
                                    5)if happen to boot up then good luck to you, can start to flash the BIOS.

@lhock98... yeah, how nice if my battery still fully charge so I can try update the BIOS.
                                    Thanks for the info mate.

@ablacon64... What is that? Sorry I'm not a qualified electronic technician. Just love to repair my stuff for satisfaction.

Comment

Hi ablacon64,

i wonder how did you remove the NEC/Tokin caps? using what tools to remove it so nice and clean?

Originally posted by ablacon64 View Post
                                      I had the opportunity to solve another one with that same problem, this time I took some pictures. Hope it helps.

The notebook is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872.

The first image shows the capacitor removed, board cleaned.
                                      The second, new solder added to the pads.
                                      And finally, the finished job.

Comment

Originally posted by lhock98 View Post
                                        Hi ablacon64,

i wonder how did you remove the NEC/Tokin caps? using what tools to remove it so nice and clean?
                                        I have an infrared rework station ("infradark" actually, ceramic heater), brand Achi, model IR-6000.

Comment

just to chheck with you, can it be done it using the hot gun? because BGA rework station is too expeensive to buy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X