Pioneer PDP 436 SXE Strange Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer PDP 436 SXE Strange Sound

Hi all, im new here and a complete novice with electronic repair so please bear with me. The problem i have is with my Pioneer PDP 436 SXE TV 43' plasma tv. Its recently started making a strange clicking/popping/electrical sound that is very loud and annoying. The tv works fine other than that. The sound doesnt happen straight away. After around 10 minuets of use, usually when the screen turns black on a tv program or if i exit a youtube video and the scrren goes black for a split second, that is when the sound begins and then doesnt stop at all until the tv is unplugged. The sound is coming from a silver box at the back where you plug the power cable into the tv, which i presume is the AC Filter. I took the original part out and replaced it with a new one but the noise is happening with the new part as well so i presume that it is not that causing the noise. im going to share a youtube link with a video of the sound and the back removed from the tv so you guys can have a look and listen for yourselfs. Thanks for the help in advance, if i can get this fixed i will be really happy as ive recently starting to get into repairing electronics and im really enjoying it!

Many thanks

Jack

Links:

Youtube: https://youtu.be/eQD4g_m3PR4

Ac filter (Where the noise is coming from):

https://richelectronics.co.uk/produc...-plasma-om0400

Re: Pioneer PDP 436 SXE Strange Sound

I'd give the set a good dusting and then check all the solder joints of all the coils and any other component that is mounted on a heatsink. Also check all transformer joints.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      I'd give the set a good dusting and then check all the solder joints of all the coils and any other component that is mounted on a heatsink. Also check all transformer joints.
      +1 also check any caps in the audio area, I had one with the amp mounted on a heatsink. I think there was a few 100uf caps that were out on ESR-chemicon brand if I remember wired whooshing/popping sound through the speakers.

The AC filter shouldn't be making that sound, check all power supply solder joints as DB said normally indicates a lose connection that becomes reactive to temperature change.
      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-30-2021, 12:13 PM.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys. I've cleaned up the entire set and took a few boards out and cleaned them and check for any bad solder joints but they all looked fine. I've got a bigger problem now though, when I power it on, the noise remains but now the tv won't come on and it shuts off after a few seconds and the standby light flash in successions of 2, then when I power it on again the blue power light blinks 8 times in a row. I've checked all connections and they seem to be perfectly fine and in there place. Not sure what I've done

Comment

Check all the boards you removed are back in place securely and that you have not missed a connector out.
          Post some photo's so people can see the interconnections between boards.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
          X