Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treadmill Motor Control Board 032669-IF

Hi,

I am looking for this Treadmill Motor Control Board 032669-IF schematic or how to fix it myself if someone can guide me and let me know what parts to change...

I hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Re: Treadmill Motor Control Board 032669-IF

Show us good clear straight shots of the top and bottom side of the boards.
    What is the unit not doing?
    What visual inspection and Voltage testing have you done so far?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The general things you can do are, INSPECT the board and componenets on both sides. The underside for any solder joints that might be "cold" - Also look for capacitors that might have leaked or bulged. I gooogled that part and it is about $280 USD. Check diodes using a multimeter. Verify anything marked F1/f2 etc as they are usually fuses and should have continuity. Sending pics of both sides will be most helpful as Budm has said.

Comment

a factory reset first if possible

Comment

Hi,

Thank you everyone for replies, I will make sure to upload close photos of both side of the card asap tomorrow... I did the visual inspections and nothing seems faulty visually but I didn't do the tests with a multimeter yet, I've been reading on some other websites and forums about similar issue and it seems quite commons that these controller boards fail and some figured out what is the issue, but they are just selling repair service a refurbished card at high price point... this controller board is used in several Treadmills (made by Johnson) and I am trying to find a service manual of anyone of them or the schematics to be able to figure out the issue, there is 5 Led on the board and 4 test points but right now I don't have set up a test bench to be able to know what is going on with the card, the original owner of the treadmill told me that it is making sparks (but I think he was describing the sound of clicking relay) myself I extracted the card now but I didn't test it on the machine... I was hoping to find some documentation or someone who know more about can point me to the right direction.

Comment

Here is attached the images, I can host them on imagur as well if needed

Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have repaired quite a lot of these over the years for customers and while I have had little success in tracking down service manuals they are generally straightforward enough to repair so long as you think of them as a smps which is essentially what they are with some logic. So in no particular order Bad solder joints, NTC, rectifier pack (usually caused by something else) electrolytic caps (the smaller ones), switching transistors, snubber caps, various relays are a weak spot and that goupy crap plastered around could do with going.

You really need to test this partly installed, hope some of this is useful and good luck with your board.

Hope this helps,

Comment

Thanks so much for your answer llonen it helps a lot indeed!

I would like to learn about how to fix this myself as I am a electronic hobbyist but I lack testing hardware for the moment (I just have a multimeter and a soldering station) and the appropriate knowledge of course too ... If I understood you well, I should better plug it back and see if the LED help me figure out the issue or some other signs and proceed from there?

I am more looking for about how to proceed and what I better begin with even if I am in need to fix this quickly and put it back and start doing some training as I gained too much weight lately due to the first period of strict confinement and no matter how much I am exercising outdoor during the summer I am still stuck with the extra pounds and Canadian winter isn't going to help unless I get this working... and I prefer to buy some electronics gear (oscilloscope, microscope etc) than a replacement controller card for sure!

So any help will be appreciated and I will help to make less stuff will finish in landfill.

Comment

I wasn't able to edit the title as I figured out that the controller board model is MT0702119

Comment

Well it is almost never the motors, but check those anyway before partial reassembly, this can most easily be accomplished by measuring the dc voltage the motor generates when rotated by hand since they are almost certainly permanent magnet dc motors.

An oscilloscope and function generator will be useful for testing relays once removed from the board, the LED's are mostly status lamps that indicate which motors are active, I believe there is a voltage status led there as well. I would stay away from the logic for now as this is rarely an issue, from a brief examination of your board I see no obvious defective capacitors this generally does not mean much as they don't always fail in a visually obvious way.

Anyways let me know how you get on.

Comment

Yes I don't suspect the motor, I didn't put the card back yet to see the status of LEDs (lack of space where I live) but I am also still looking for the service manual of this card, I found that is goes by this reference SZTM113MCB as well and I really looked for it all around the web but without luck... I mainly need this to be able to check the test points and see if I can pinpoint at least where the problem is coming from and then I will just purchase the most suspicious parts in that area and just replace them without any further investigation and see if it solves the issue... I really wish to fix this asap and move on so it doesn't take a lot of space for long without being of any benefit to me, like some much other stuff that I hoarded lately with the hope to fix them too.

All capacitors seem fine, but I am willing to replace them too to prevent any future issue once I fix this...

Should I put a bounty on the table so someone get more motivated to help me with this?

Comment

Well I would say send it to me for investigation but I see your in Canada, so that's not an option, if you not able to put the board back for basic testing other than removal, testing and replacement of suspect components your not going to get very far. If your not able to do this then the only other option is to examine possible components. From extensive experience as I suggested earlier remove yellow goupy stuff, then go through the large semi conductors and switching transistors, capacitors. Relays are a particular weak spot, don't forget to check the inrush protection (NTC) and rectifier pack. Even if you do this it will not guaranty finding the problem.

Kind regards Mark
                        Last edited by llonen; 10-21-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X