Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medion P16042 (MD 30671) TV from 2014, Samsung panel (?), problems on one side only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medion P16042 (MD 30671) TV from 2014, Samsung panel (?), problems on one side only

TV: Medion P16042 (MD 30671) - sold in Austria 06/2014 (German end user manual)

Mainboard: Medion MSD308BT1

TCON: Y13_MB7S60TS4LV0.3

Panel might be a Samsung LSC400HM06 (written near the mainboard)?

Symptoms: Left side of display working perfectly, on the right side flashing noise & some scintillating pixels (starting pretty much at the half of the screen; see attached pics & video). Sound, Inputs... work fine.

Some guy in this thread also has this board, there's a PDF with test points: Test points PDF
    I measured the voltages on the TCON board:

Code:
    VIN_12v 11.98V
    HVIN_12v 11.95V
    VONE 30.82V
    VOFFE -11.45V
    VSS -7.60V
    VCC_1.8v 1.81V
    VCC_3.3v 3.28V
    AVDD 17V
    HAVDD 8.5V
    F_VCOM 5.7V
    VCC_1.15V 1.2V
    First I checked the caps, but they look alright and so are the voltages I think. To me this looked like a bad connection on a flat flex cable, however pushing on the cables attached to the TCON board did not yield any change. Interestingly, the board is moving a bit - if you push down on one side, it goes up a bit on the other side and vice versa (flexing).

I am now unsure what the symptoms are pointing to - could it be a bad solder joint of a chip? The weird thing is that only one side is not working properly...
    Any tips would be appreciated!

Video: https://giant.gfycat.com/MisguidedFe...npinscher.webm
    Attached Files

Re: Medion P16042 (MD 30671) TV from 2014, Samsung panel (?), problems on one side on

Have you tried swapping the flat cables that go from the Tcon Left for right to see if it follows?

Comment

Re: Medion P16042 (MD 30671) TV from 2014, Samsung panel (?), problems on one side on

Originally posted by Wilderone View Post
      Have you tried swapping the flat cables that go from the Tcon Left for right to see if it follows?
      The cables on the two sides of the TCON board are quite delicate, they don't have a proper connector and are just soldered (?) to the board so I'm a bit scared to meddle with them. Of course there could be a bad connection on the other end of the cables going to the panel (I don't know yet if they are accessible at all) - I would have to disassemble the whole thing some more.

But wouldn't the picture be more "stripey" if the problem would be with the flat cable?

Comment

Hello, I have exactly the same Medion device.
        The problem with mine is, that the right half of the display darker (or the amount of blue is stronger than on the left side.

Did you finally find a solution for your problem? I found the T-Con Board on Aliexpress, so I‘m considering to exchange it.

Comment

Working...
        X