Vizio E65-E3 Dead after backlight replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E65-E3 Dead after backlight replacement

you call them new LED.. if they really new.. can you show me the old one how its socket... some strings each have different layout. so the assamply going wrong.

Comment

checked all diodes....re flowed all the bigger joints that looked dull in color. still nothing. on the back of the power board there is what looks like "snail trails" going around. what could that be from? next step desoldering resistors and mosfets and checking them?

Comment

Pics of trails
        Attached Files

Comment

Diah.... i do not have the old strips anymore to take a pic of. But i did remove the socket at the main board and applied voltage and was able to light each strip.

Comment

i am afraid of you need to take the risk again to take the panel apart. lighting strips never being way to test LED BL. we talked about it many time how it light on but the ziner diode was open or shorted. you still can with out panel power on the set BL will come on too if every things correct.

Comment

Re-flow the iffy joint first picture bottom middle of picture, left one of the three there, see the cracks? Might not be a problem just looks a little iffy.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-15-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Reflowed that one and also pulled the mosfets and they checked no short... should i be concerned about that residue stuff that around the board?

Diah....here are a few pics of what i did to check the leds...where is this diode your talking about? I dont remember seing it on the strips or in the harness.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by a460guy View Post
                  where is this diode your talking about? I dont remember seing it on the strips or in the harness.
                  each LED unit had build in ziner diode for currents forward opposite to the lit diode.

BTW; you wrote before you found 12 LED didn't work.. this cant be all get defect at once.

Comment

Tested at the connector on main board going to leds.. pins 1 - 14..voltages fluctuate before settling around -.030.
                    Pins 17-24 all just drop to -.007 in a few seconds after power on.
                    I have a hot air station ariving in the mail today and will try the bga suggestion.
                    There no power to LED's or there is open circuit based on this.
                    Check the voltages at last connector before backlights or even punch the wires.
                    It will be easier to figure it out if you remove the panel.
                    Last edited by alfatv; 04-15-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Post #3 you say
                      Pin 1 Stby = 0V, Out of standby = 0.001V
                      which is odd since normally the standby voltage goes from 0V to 3V or 3V to 0V

Post #11
                      Shows no voltages on the led connector pins.

Post #17
                      C2 voltage at standby = 170V and out of standby 164V
                      The voltage should increase I believe to around 380V and not drop

I think you are missing the led driver supply and may well be linked to the C2 low voltage.

What is the led driver IC part number. A photo of the underside of your power supply could prove usefull.
                      Last edited by dick_barton; 04-16-2021, 07:06 AM.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Diah...here are acouple pics of the strips
                        Attached Files

Comment

Diah...here are acouple pics of the strips
                          unplug the socket from the strips and start testing all led by digital meter diode mode.. you have 2 points on the strips close to each LED + - with digital meter the good LED will lid on dim on one side and when you reverse the probe will read ziner diode between 0.54 -0.78

go thru all LEDs one by one.

Comment

I cant make out anything on the chips...here are pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

They all lit up dim... but all read ol in reverse...is this diode super tiny next to the led? Cuz i dont see it

Comment

????
                                the ziner diode are build in you cant see it

Comment

from where you bought this strips,,, the LED on them are normal LED not For TV backlight. they are with out ziner diode.. here are your problem friend.

interesting matter now.. but let us go deep with the issue..
                                  each socket you have 3 wires white / black / red.. the red one where its goes on the strips?
                                  Last edited by Diah; 04-16-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

red is postive for both strips.....white is negative for 1st strip and black is negative for the 2nd strip

I bought it on Ebay! (Singing Weird-Al song)....lol
                                    Last edited by a460guy; 04-16-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

red is postive for both strips.....white is negative for 1st strip and black is negative for the 2nd strip

I bought it on Ebay! (Singing Weird-Al song)....lol
                                      if you are sure that yours digital meter diode mode working or beep tone mode too.. then

refund them.. they are absolute jock. TV backlight LEDs are with build in ziner diode.. normal strips for swimming pool or living room romantic view are with out this ziner LOL

Comment

....Really? Anyone second this?

Comment

....Really? Anyone second this?
                                          In my opinion zener diode is not essential. You need to have current running through LEDs to produce light, that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X