samsung ue46es6100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung ue46es6100

this tv shows a big area (like 1/3) at the top of the screen darker than the rest, like a rectangle shadow but his shadow has sharp edges, is not like faulty leds darkness.
    i first think is fault from panel flex but i touch them and nothing happens.
    then i take out one of the tcon flex, half screen white and shadow is again.
    i take out the other tcon flex and i have low quality image but the shadow is gone so that makes me think that the panel is fine, and the tcon is bad.
    im i right?
    im ordering another tcon and will update

Re: samsung ue46es6100

Can you post a picture of the faulty display?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Can you post a picture of the faulty display?
      sure!
      the tv in these pictures its upside down. the dark area is at the top
      Attached Files

Comment

Does it have same issue with just an over the air antenna hooked up, with no cable box or hdmi hooked up?

Comment

Power up the TV with one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel. It does look like there are bad drivers on the darker side. If one side is good, you can try the tape cutoff method or ripping off the side tabs on the bad side if it has them. https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...lines-on-a-tv/
          Last edited by neilc6; 04-04-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Does it have same issue with just an over the air antenna hooked up, with no cable box or hdmi hooked up?
            if no source is connected screen is very dark. and i only have hdmi to test. i dont have aerial antena

Comment

Did you try a different hdmi cable or hdmi input on tv like hdmi 2 or 3 if available?

Comment

Or maybe try a device with rca plugs, like an old game system or dvd player etc.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                  Power up the TV with one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel. It does look like there are bad drivers on the darker side. If one side is good, you can try the tape cutoff method or ripping off the side tabs on the bad side if it has them. https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...lines-on-a-tv/
                  thanks a lot! it seems to work. i did as you say and now i get general low quality image but dark area is gone so i think i have to play with the size of the tape.
                  anyway i have seen this tcon board very cheap probably will change it i think. apart from this shadow area i would say there is something more wrong. later will upload pictures

Comment

Or maybe try a device with rca plugs, like an old game system or dvd player etc.
                    will test in a couple hours good idea thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pep2k21 View Post
                      anyway i have seen this tcon board very cheap probably will change it i think. apart from this shadow area i would say there is something more wrong. later will upload pictures
                      Its not the tcon. The problem is in the panel.

Comment

really?
                        sure?
                        but doing the tape fix the line goes away, the problem is that i get very poor image quality

i testet hdmi, antena, and euroconector. all sources same problem

i have not ordered the board yet should not do it?
                        i upload pictures from first fix try. the tape i have is not very good for this i dont know if keep on trying with another tape. the panel has no line anymore, 🤣🤔 but the screen does not show properly

having a closer look to the fix post i think ill try to find the bad pin one by one and see what happens
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pep2k21; 04-05-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

If one side of the TV shows a good image with the half screen test, this confirms the tcon is good.

Check the images in this thread. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Examples of tcon failures in sony tcon training manual https://dokumen.tips/documents/sony-...ng-manual.html

Sorry just re-read you can't get a good picture on either side. Workaround won't work since you don't have one good side.
                          Last edited by neilc6; 04-05-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

If one side of the TV shows a good image with the half screen test, this confirms the tcon is good.

Check this thread. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281
                            thank you. ok. i dont have good image with only one flex from tcon.
                            testing again just realised that
                            when only one side is connected, then the hole half screen is dark.
                            thats why i did not saw the dark area. dark is everything...
                            then i put both flex back and the problem only shows at the top of the screen. the rest at the middle and bottom is perfect

ill have a look to your post that will take me a while🤣
                            Attached Files

Comment

some more pictures
                              Attached Files

Comment

Check the images in this thread. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49281

Examples of tcon failures in sony tcon training manual https://dokumen.tips/documents/sony-...ng-manual.html

Sorry just re-read you can't get a good picture on either side. Workaround won't work since you don't have one good side.
                                does this pannel have side drivers? i only see the bottom ones

Comment

i have closed the tv.
                                  i only get good image with both flex but have the top shadow area
                                  then, the panel is bad so there is no more thing to do with it
                                  thanks for the help 😊

Comment

That's a tough one, could be a bad panel but I wouldn't rule out a bad tcon either, with tcons usually being inexpensive, might be worth a shot. Could also be a problem with a component on the panel driver board.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-06-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by angelos View Post
                                        I agree
                                        yes me too... but tcon is very very cheap. i maybe try i mean is not money only time and not too much so maybe is worth. i can sell it if problem is in panel.
                                        will update as soon as i have it. about 2 weeks
                                        any bet?🤣🤣

Comment

Working...
                                        X