Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 55lw5600

Hi,

Looking for some opinions on this LG 55LW5600 for some intermittent video issues or let's say OK at turn on but goes bad rather quickly.

Here is what the video looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaLsVDDWyHw

The video will sometimes freeze, the screen will sometimes turn a solid white.

I can change channel when the video is frozen as you can here different programming playing.

I have tried freeze spray on the Main and TCON but nothing conclusive

Disconnecting one ribbon cable or the other results in a virtually black screen and not the usual one half white the other half video. I was hoping this might present some evidence as to whether the panel was bad or not.

This thread on the same TV has some similarities:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=LG+55LW5600

To summarize it, he went from solarized video, measured gamma voltages OK, to vertical lines, somewhat concluded bad panel, later installed that main into another set and duplicated the solarized video - end.
    Last edited by RDC55; 04-16-2021, 04:26 PM.

Re: Lg 55lw5600

If the same mainboard gave same distorted display on 2 tvs then I think its a bad mainboard.

Comment

LE, LV, LW and LS series all have bga issues on the main board. You can search ebay for repair services.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a lot of experience with servicing these sets, but any thoughts on why when one or the other ribbon cables on the output of the TCON is disconnected the screen goes totally dark (maybe some very dim wavy video) instead of the half white with video on one side? Is it perhaps the panel / TCON architecture on some of the sets?

I may have to look into repair service, the price of repaired complete boards pretty much exceeds the value of the TV. There seems to a certain age where the sets are sort of worth repairing but the supply of parts has decreased which raises their value. It amazes me how cheap a main board is for a new model.
        Last edited by RDC55; 04-17-2021, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RDC55 View Post
          Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a lot of experience with servicing these sets, but any thoughts on why when one or the other ribbon cables on the output of the TCON is disconnected the screen goes totally dark (maybe some very dim wavy video) instead of the half white with video on one side? Is it perhaps the panel / TCON architecture on some of the sets?

I may have to look into repair service, the price of repaired complete boards pretty much exceeds the value of the TV. There seems to a certain age where the sets are sort of worth repairing but the supply of parts has decreased which raises their value. It amazes me how cheap a main board is for a new model.
          A bad mainboard is not going to allow a good picture, the tcon ribbon test is pretty much just for seeing if half the picture of either side comes in fine then if the other half doesnt then issue with panel or maybe half the tcon BUT a bad mainboard is never going to give a good display.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-17-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

playing signal via cable or areal only will not describe the fault clearly, you need to play media via USB drive and feed video signal via other source such HDMI to check if the fault remain or get better.

Comment

Working...
            X