Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic

Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic version ?

by the attached schema it can be done but unfortunatly its chinesse

can anyone transtale into english

or anyone can help for solution
    Attached Files

Re: Dell n5010 can be converted from graphic version to non graphic

You have to remove whatever is in red square and install whatever is in green square. It is clearly marked in the schematic with UMA and DIS the parts installed for each version.

Comment

Download Google translate or similar to your phone and let it translate by using the camera.

Comment

Please explain, how?

Comment

The picture sent to a Chinese friend if They can understand Will post here
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samanthban View Post
            The picture sent to a Chinese friend if They can understand Will post here
            Thanks your information.

Comment

Originally posted by teknikbursa View Post

by the attached schema it can be done but unfortunatly its chinesse

can anyone transtale into english

or anyone can help for solution
              thank you very much for information it's very usefull, now i can repair my motherboard with faulty ati

Comment

Originally posted by polytek View Post
                thank you very much for information it's very usefull, now i can repair my motherboard with faulty ati
                Ok After repair can you inform how?

Comment

I have already told you how.

You have to remove the parts that are in red squares and install the parts that are in green squares.
                  The parts you need to install for each version (UMA, DISCRETE) are clearly marked in the schematic pdf with UMA and DIS.

Comment

as our friend atsio say, just follow the pdf guide and it will work

Comment

by the attached schema it can be done but unfortunately its Chinese
                      can anyone translate into English
                      The 1st page translation ought to give you a fair idea on what you have to do...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, megaraider

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                          The 1st page translation ought to give you a fair idea on what you have to do...
                          Thank you very much

Also on the second page of pdf there is a schema. is it possible to explain?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                            Thank you very much my Chinese fellow cant understand English
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much

Also on the second page of pdf there is a schema. is it possible to explain?
                              It look to me, that a wire have to be connected between those points, but which point to which point exactly is probably explained in the Chinese text.
                              Last edited by bicalov; 08-30-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Nearly any recent laptop mobo with hybrid configuration (integrated and discrete GPU) can switch, by bios or software, manually or automatically, between them.
                                The old fashion manual GPU switching (which in my opinion is more beneficiary because both ati and nvidia utilities tend to lose a ton of their features when doing so) can be summarized:
                                1. Connect an external monitor to the laptop
                                2. Boot up in safe mode
                                3. Disable / uninstall discrete GPU device driver
                                4. Disable searching Windows Update for device drivers
                                5. Prevent discrete GPU software (GeForce, Catalyst) from starting up

Unfortunately there are still some older laptops around that can only use one GPU or the other and cannot switch between them.

Even worst, some manufacturers don't lose an opportunity to save a few cents and skip the installation of an insignificant number of electronic components. Thereby fully render inoperative the availability to switch between iPU and GPU.
                                Sadly Dell N5010, equipped with Wistron Berry mobo, falls in this late category.

Comment

All pages translated.
                                  Attached both Intel and Amd schematics.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you megaraider I will try all and inform the result

Comment

Thank you megaraider I will try all and inform the result
                                      Wish you success...!

Comment

Because an user requested them to me by pm, samanthban,
                                        i'm posting the mobo images from n5010milind.pdf
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X