Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS S510UA - ALW Voltages present - other voltages looping

Hello,

i have an ASUS S510UA, Board Number X510UQ Rev 2.2 on my Bench. The Board is pulled Out from the Case Just with the Subboard connected. It does Autostart at all, should be normal then(?)

It was liquid damaged around the CPU Circuit. I've checked the Exposéd components there but everything seems fine. I didn't found any short, Just normal Resistance values and a Bit of Corrosion. I have cleaned the area with alcohol.

But still as soon as i Plug the charger, +3VALW, +5VALW and +1VALW are present. It seems the board really wants to Boot but Something prevents it.

+1.2V (RAM), +VCC_SA and +VCC_Core comes comes Up for an blink of an eye, then it loops every 4-5 Seconds and stays Like this. I Hear a "click" from the CPU every the Board tries to start.

I've reprogrammed the BIOS which doesn't No changed the behaviour

Then i decided to replace the Controller and the Mosfets for VCC_Core and VCC_GT and also a thermistor in this area which was badly Exposed by liquid.

Unfortunately the behaviour didn't Change so i Hope for an good Idea from Here.

I did some more measurements and found Out PM_SUSB# and PM_SUSC# behaves the Same, so obviously everything which depends on this signals behaves the Same. The Signals are Looping. I believe there must be Short, but where?

Could it be e.g. Worth a try to Change the EC/SIO and reprogram it? Or should Accept that i'm dealing with a dead CPU?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sephir0th; 06-20-2021, 04:33 AM.
    FairRepair on YouTube

Re: ASUS S510UA - ALW Voltages present - other voltages looping

Very likely liquid went under SOC.

Comment

Working...
    X