Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Picture or Audio on Insignia NS-LCD26A

Well, little progress to report, just note to self :

Amazon showed up with 20 35v470uF Nichicon caps for 8 bucks, so got enough to go back and remove the 25v rated ones I tried (didn't help)
    The 'cap by the 7legged IC' on pwr bd is C519, 50v47uF was indeed bad, reads 2uF and several ohms esr, replaced it but set is still the same, power led blinks on momentarily and goes right out...tbc

Comment

Re: No Picture or Audio on Insignia NS-LCD26A

Researched online and found this thread and read about heating up the chip under the heatsink which is under the RF shield. I discovered that between the chip and heatsink they had put a 1/8" piece of rubber foam. Really? This doesn't conduct heat worth a crap. I took a 1500w heat gun and put it about 1.5" above the chip and applied heat constantly for 2 minutes. After that I pushed down on the chip and held it down until it cooled.

I then applied CPU thermal paste and put the heatsink directly on to the chip
      and set up the TV and turned it on without reassembling and the picture came up fine.

So, I put the rubber foam spacer at the top of the heatsink to keep the same amount of space and tightened the two screws down on the RF shield which caused the heatsink to come up off the chip. I placed a small piece of metal on top of the rubber to keep the heatsink from coming off the chip and tightened it up and reassembled the t.v.. So far it's been running fine for the last 7 hours.

Old thread and old t.v. but maybe someone like me still has one they want to fix.

Comment

Working...
      X