Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung LN32b360c5d powers on but no video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN32b360c5d powers on but no video!

I have been tinkering with this samsung LN32b360c5d for a while now. it powers on makes the start up noise, shows picture for two seconds on and off a couple times then a blank tv screen. My first look was with the caps on the power board/ inverter board (hv32hd_9dy / bn44-00289a). The caps were mostly good but i changed them all out for better caps anyways, still no change. So i started testing the connectors from the power/inverter board to the main ( cn802) and all pins had normal readings except for pin 14 (det_5v), which i belive is the feedback pin. it is reading at 32.3 volts ( all voltage testing was done with tv power off but plugged in to outlet). I've tried looking up what that might mean and i could not get any where, please help me to figure out what is going on with this tv! any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Re: Samsung LN32b360c5d powers on but no video!

Do you mean blank screen as in white or blank screen as in black.
    If it is black can you see any image on the screen using a flashlight at an angle.

Did you try with the connector from the main board to the tcon unplugged - did the back lights stay on?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

when powered on the screen shows three or four times then a black blank screen. there is full audio. When i disconnected the main connector to the tcon the screen was still blank but i could see the screen blink a little when the screen would normaly pop on and off but of course no picture. the back light wants to come on its just not staying on.

Comment

im still concerned with pin 14 on the power/ inverter board ( det-5v) reading 32 volts

Comment

here are some pics
          Attached Files

Comment

You might have dusted it first - cant even see some components!
            Test the inverter transformer secondaries - no power to board meter on ohms2000
            test s1 to s2 and s3 to s4 on both transformers and post results in ohms
            http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetai...ProductID=4530
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

TI802
              s1-s2 ( 1.048 kΩ) s3-s4 ( 1.048 kΩ)

TI801
              s1-s2 ( 0.964 kΩ) s3-s4 ( 1.060 kΩ)

Comment

they re supposed to read within 3% of each other so it appears T1801 is faulty.
                Just to check you need to remove it from the board and test again.

Comment

yea its definitely faulty, i will post results after i get the replacement part, thank you for your help.

Comment

Got the replacement part, put it in and for now the tv is working properly! thanx for all the help selldoor.

Comment

how do i test the secondary on the inverter? plz be very general IM new to this

Comment

You may be new but we expect you to be able to read. Ideally we need to see pictures of
                        your boards but if you have one the same as the first picture in post 5 then I have explained it in detail in post 6 ?????

Comment

Wow great thread celldoor, diagnostic took only 5 mins thanks

Comment

Hi guys!

I am having problems with my Samsung LE32B350F1WXXH tv that uses the same inverter/power board as the o.p. (Alreadystoned) in this thread. What the tv does is more or less exactly as the o.p. of the thread suggests, it tries to come on when the power button is pressed, does so for a sec or two and the I get a blank screen. The sound chimes too.

Following the thread's logic (thank you very much for the detailed instructions selldoor) I have found inconsistencies in the output of one of the step up transformers, QGAH02107. When measuring the outputs I get:

TI802
                            s1-s2 ( 0.985 kΩ) s3-s4 ( 0.987 kΩ)

TI801
                            s1-s2 ( 0.970 kΩ) s3-s4 ( 1.540 kΩ)

...so am I safe to assume TI801 is faulty?
                            Anything else I should look for? The caps all seem good, there is no bulging, no funny looking/burnt ones.

I have uploaded some pics for you guys, hopefully they are clear enough. let me know if you would like to see something in more detail.

Please bear in mind that I am a novice when it comes to components level repair.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
                            Chris
                            Attached Files

Comment

Quick follow up on this. I did replace the TI801 transformer and the tv switched on fine! It does work fine, but upon starting it up I discovered there is a 3cm horizontal line of flickering.. Which is very unfortunate. I picked this up from a mate's storage bin of broken stuff so I cannot complain much..
                              I had a good look at all the connections, cleaned them up, all looked great. Also noticed a little nick on the glass panel on the very edge on the top right hand corner, so I am guessing that is at fault (prolly loose pannel bonding there).
                              All in all I still consider this a win, as I did fix the issue I set out to fix. Cost was 15euros for the part, brand new, local shop.
                              Cheers!
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X