Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U blink code meanings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U blink code meanings

A friend of a friend gave me this nearly new, huge 70" TV. His house was hit by lightning and it killed this TV. He said the logo would come the screen and then it would get "fuzzy around the edges" but do nothing else. That's not happening now. When I plug it in, the screen is black and the little chevron on the front flashes. Two longer flashes followed by three short flashes. The only voltage I'm getting out of the p/s is 5v on pin 15 which is marked "5vBU". Does anyone know how to read these flash/blink codes? I put a video up showing the flashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXxq1pXSFWY Thanks!

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U blink code meanings

Here is the Service Manual

power PWB faliure
    2 slow flashes and 3 fast flashes = power supply error 2 (*2) D+3.3V error

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and the manual! Guess I will start with a new p/s. Is there a chance the damaged stopped with this board or, could it have gone on and on and.....?

Comment

most likely PWB is bad.

Comment

That would be great if it was just the power board - I see some on ebay for under $50. I will get back here when I get the board in.

Comment

I've ordered the board from eBay (used, $25). I pulled the old one and checked over 20 fuses and all are good. Any other likely culprits I could check while waiting on USPS????

Comment

Have yiu tried holding vol+ and ch- while plugging it in?
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I've pulled the power board but earlier, I tried pushing VOL- and INPUT while plugging in and nothing happened. I don't see VOL+ & CH- being discussed in the service manual. I will try it but what does it do?

Comment

Bypasses error codes if they are stored in the main board as soon as you plug in the TV and you have a flashing code immediately it will bypass that code an attempt to start up until the code is triggered again
                  Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-10-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davegerg View Post
                    I've ordered the board from eBay (used, $25). I pulled the old one and checked over 20 fuses and all are good. Any other likely culprits I could check while waiting on USPS????
                    ????? twenty fuses??? Hopefully you mean diodes maybe.... BUT if you do, then hopefully you checked them correctly... :-)

Comment

OK, never mind - I was looking at "FB"s - ferrite beads (more learning for me). Anyway, got the new power board. Plugged it in and......same flashes!!! I then tried freakaftr8's "vol+ & ch-" while plugging in the power. Got a steady light this time, no flashes - no pic or sound either. Started pushing buttons and nothing. Finally, just held down the power button for "awhile" and light goes off. Hit power again and IT WORKS! Perfectly working TV. Put the old board back it and it works, too! So, I guess it was just an error code that prevented the TV from working? freakaftr8: is the vol+/ch- trick in the manual somewhere?

Comment

Nope inside trick. Lol it'd post somewhere in the sharp service manual for my LC-80le632u. Works on others as well. Glad u got it going. Return that unneeded board now.
                        There still might be a pending issue with why you got the service error code to begin with but now you know how to bypass it I would go into the service menu and clear all errors.

You could have just had a bad connection on one of the cables connecting to the board and now that you remove the cable and plug it back in a few times that connection is now good
                        Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-12-2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I'm uncertain just how to do a reset so I haven't. The manual doesn't clarify things either with passages like: "Before entering the adjustment process mode, the AV position RESET in the video adjustment menu." (pg 5.3). I've put about 15 hours on it and a dozen on/offs since Thurs with no problems. Thanks for your help and the invaluable tool of "holding vol+ and ch- while plugging it in"!!

Comment

You got it! Also I would like to note that when you enter the service menu it does an AV reset anyways so I don't really understand why sharp tells you to do an AV reset beforehand because it doesn't seem to make a difference when you go into the service menu without that.

Comment

Well, 10 days and counting and the TV is still working! I have encountered one problem, though. Went to hook-up my Samsung Blu-ray via HDMI and none of the 4 ports see it. I tried a different cable and another device (a WD-TV box) with no success. Eventually hooked it up via Video-1 input w/o problems. The Tivo is using component video, so I can't use that. Any sugesstions??

Comment

Your HDMI codec processor on your main board is probably bad. That would require the replacement of the processor which is a pain in the butt to solder on or a replacement main board.

The things unfortunately are very susceptible to voltage fluctuations and current surges it doesn't take much to take them out

Comment

Thanks. I think I will go with a switch box for component video. I only have Tivo and DVD.

Comment

Uh, oh. Every once in awhile, the TV fades to black for about a second. Today it went black and wouldn't come back on until I powered off and back on. Still had sound and a faint picture. Looks like the backlights went out. tcon board?

Comment

I doubt its the tcon board when the back lights go out shine a flashlight in the screen see if you still had video. This could also be a main board problem along with the fact that you have no HDMI. I believe the main board controls the back lights on this model because it has to be able to dim the back lights from the menu. I believe your mainboard is toast but your panel in your tcon board are probably OK

Comment

Yep, you were right. I was using component video output and finally it died - developed lots of horizontal gray lines. Broke down and got a board from ebay ($76) and it's working great. PS - the problem with the TV not coming on turned out to be a loose connector. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                        X