Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Identifying component, what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying component, what is this?

Pls tell me Generally what this is, and if you KNOW a substitute, what is that. Thanks, see pic, as I can read is C007?
    Attached Files

Re: Help Identifying component, what is this?

Can you provide more information? IE: is one leg connected to ground? (regulator) or is voltage fed into one pin and out another (mosfet) Is there a board designator U, IC, Q, D etc. it seems to have a white arrow which might designate pin1
    Two pins (2,3) appear to be connected to heavy traces and pin1 seems to be a thin trace indicating it could be for a gate or base connection. Does that thin trace running under the part connect to pin1? or are pins 1&2 connected together?
    Last edited by R_J; 10-04-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainKKK View Post
      Pls tell me Generally what this is, and if you KNOW a substitute, what is that. Thanks, see pic, as I can read is C007?
      Looks like a diode to me since only two pins are connected and the traces are somewhat thick.

What kind of board is this? laptop?

EDIT: I just saw the thin trace going to the bottom pin. Most likely some FET or Transistor.
      Last edited by KvnTM; 10-04-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

The blown part is directly under the LDVS1 video connectors, on the bottom of this Dell 2330 AIO Motherboard. None of the three pins go to ground. The thin trace went to pin 3 in my pic. Pins 1 and 2 are eventually connected through other elements and tracing. The tweezers point where the C 007 was. I have failed to find that part number on any component in the Russian 1200 page manual. Ideas? Let's take a guess......I got nothing to lose that's not already gone
        Attached Files

Comment

This computer's video screen went bezerk, and this must be the reason. Add pic, after removal.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by captainKKK; 10-04-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Add better pic?
            No board designators
            Attached Files
            Last edited by captainKKK; 10-04-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

My guess would be that it is a switch (mosfet) maybe to switch the panel/t-con voltage on and off if it is connected to the lvds cable. There is likely a supply voltage on either pin 1 or 2 and the control pin would be pin 3
              Last edited by R_J; 10-04-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, connected to lvds. RJ, can you suggest a common part number in that kind of package?
                Last edited by captainKKK; 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainKKK View Post
                  Yes, connected to lvds. RJ, can you suggest a common part number in that kind of package?
                  Do you have a schematic/manual for this board? Just putting an unknown fet there isn't a good idea. It could also be the backlight pwm signal line or backlight power rail. There is a reason why it blew up.

Please measure the resistance on all pads of the device to GND.

Just replacing it won't help. it will blow again.

Comment

Last edited by captainKKK; 10-07-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X