32:9 video displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32:9 video displays

During a browse on Amazon, I came acorss such a product and it prompted me to think of applications for them.
    Air traffic control
    0%
    Navigation
    0%
    Surveillance
    0%
    Video editing
    0%
    Broadcast studio
    0%
    Electronic billboard
    0%
    Price lists
    0%
    Transport timetables
    0%
    Gaming
    0%
    Other
    0%
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: 32:9 video displays

Any Landscape application.

Comment

Anyone currently running two monitors that doesn't like gaps.

Comment

are you talking flat or curved though?
        i think flat ones would just be usefull for building walls for advertising or scoreboards etc.

Comment

Way too wide to be that short....boggles my mind why they don't make some with more vertical real estate. I'll take a 16:10 over a 16:9 any day of the week....
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Way too wide to be that short....boggles my mind why they don't make some with more vertical real estate. I'll take a 16:10 over a 16:9 any day of the week....
            Same, boss! And come to think my last GF was corporate, and couldn't imagine working without another 24" 16:9 monitor next to her 14" or 15" 16:9 laptop also 16:9, both 1920x1080. If a corp didn't supply the monitor, she'd just pull one of her own two 24" TVs next to it and plug in the hdmi.

But she was TRULY blown away when I brought my monitor over (which I later had to take back home, lol... a 2009-2010 Fujitsu IPS CCFL professional display with light sensor. MINT. 16:10. And SO FUCKING BRIGHT none of us could stand that even during the day or with the lights on. And she wore some pretty thick glasses or contacts. Blew both her TVs out of the water, not to mention her personal laptop, that even after I calibrated it a little (not an ips screen) was.... no. Just no. Put those two together, threw a super detailed flower wallpaper on... she was like... "WOW. This is like my TV... wait, better. Like the one in the living room."

Well babe, why don't we just watch the movie on that, which is big enough to sit over there, instead of going through all the trouble with the laptop in bed thing not to mention that screen is crap? And that's exactly what we did. Too bad it ended like it did - it didn't have to, but this whole experience proved I was never wrong -

I was NOT, CAN NOT, AND WILL NOT ever be CORPORATE, I am one of you proud folk who CORPORATE calls when they're in shit and their million drones can't figure it out coz they fired everyone too fast, everyone has better jobs now and doesn't give two shits, and NO ONE left notes where the backup is (if it's still there to begin with, or it crashed quietly 5 years ago and no one noticed).

AND also - 1.5 months of giving interviews and passing ALL of them. NONE OF THEM WANTED TO HIRE ME. THEY EITHER FLAT OUT SAID THEY CHOSE SOMEONE ELSE (FINE WITH THAT) or quietly popped a single email after a week (while I'd already missed another two jobs in MY field...) or most of them just... disappeared. Corporations my ass. Just a bunch of mercs hired by a bunch of other mercs to recruit slaves from the lowest bidder then move on to other lands once they piss off enough of them and they go to other slave owners, rinse and repeat. Had to get this off my chest. Fuck corporate everything.

Gotta be real men and work our own shops at our own pace and build our own houses. Hat's off for all of us here.
            Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 02-01-2023, 05:32 PM.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
            X