Curious - clock going ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious - clock going ahead

I've encountered curious and strange issue with HP Probook 8470p - the clock is constantly going ahead without any reason at all.
    If I try to synchronize it, everything is fine, but after hour or two I notice that the clock is again 9-12 minutes ahead.
    That's extremely weird. Logically, I checked the time zone and DST - everything is fine there.
    That's only if the laptop was put in hibernation and then turned on again. If it was turned off and then on - everything is fine.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by televizora; 03-15-2023, 01:47 PM.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Re: Curious - clock going ahead

off and back on maybe sets time in synch and hibernation keeps same setting .
    i guess its something to do with a crystal .

Comment

Re: Curious - clock going ahead

swap out the 32.768MHz crystal.
      i'v not seen one that bad, but none are really good enough to build a bomb
      once you remove it, check the 2 caps are o.k. too

incidentally, in the 80's and 90's one of the 2 capacitors on the legs was variable so you could tune it with a frequency counter.

Comment

Working...
      X